Position: Driver to be based in Rubavu
The Wellspring Foundation for Education is currently working in the Districts of Gasabo and Rubavu through our dynamic education programs to support teachers, leaders, and the school community in the promotion of quality and inclusive education for children.
Under the oversight of our Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager the driver will work as part of the logistics team to support the program and operations team. S/he will provide safe and efficient transport to Wellspring staff and guests while ensuring diligent stewardship of the motor vehicle(s) entrusted to his/her care.
The successful candidate will be an experienced driver, preferably with experience working for an NGO driving in rural areas, and have knowledge and skills for taking care of the mechanics of our vehicles. He/she will be a great team player with a proactive can-do and problem-solving approach, excellent time and task management skills, and will work successfully as part of a fun-loving cross-cultural team.
Anticipated start date: March/April 2021
Reports to: Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager
Working closely with: Rubavu Office Assistant, Rubavu Team Leaders, Quality Education and Community Involvement Trainers, and other drivers within the operations team
Location: Rubavu District in all areas including the most rural - with travel to Kigali when necessary
Key external relationships: Garage
- Provide safe and efficient driving support to Wellspring staff or guests as directed by his or her line manager and in keeping with Wellspring’s Vehicle Use Policy.
- Strictly follow all traffic laws of Rwanda.
- Conduct all required regular maintenance & document checks on the vehicle(s) you are entrusted to drive.
- Faithfully keep accurate logbook records of vehicle use.
- Ensure safe keeping of vehicle keys.
- Keep the interior of the vehicle clean at all times (exterior washing is the responsibility of a support staff team member.
- Ensure all safety and other vehicle equipment is in order.
- Ensure that drinking water and tissues are available for all staff/ guests you are responsible for transporting.
- Politely but firmly maintain the security of your assigned vehicle by remaining at your vehicle or within view of your vehicle wherever reasonably possible
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts when these are available in the vehicle.
Requirements for the role:
- Holder of at least a Senior Six (A2) certificate (required)
- Possess a valid driving license with appropriate categories (B is essential). (required)
- More than 5 years’ experience and skills as driver in all types of terrain
- Prior to signing of contract, a staff member must have a valid police clearance from the relevant authorities (should be less than 2 months old) (required)
Personal and Spiritual Qualities:
- Positive interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, etc.) (required)
- A problem solver with a positive ‘’can-do’’ approach (required)
- Able to take initiative and work responsibly (required)
- Well organized and extremely punctual. (required)
- Communicates well and in advance about the needs and requirements of the work. (required)
- A Christ-centered individual who has the desire to grow faith (required)
To apply, send:
- A word processed cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are a suitable candidate, (max 1 page – longer letters will be rejected)
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of 2 professional referees and 1 referee from your place of worship (max 2 pages – longer CVs will be rejected)
- A scanned copy of your ID
- A scanned copy of your Driving license
- A statement of faith* (max 1 page – longer statements will be rejected)
Applications must be submitted by email (including scanned PDF documents) to the Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager, at this email address: RWrecruitment@thewellspringfoundation.org with ‘Rubavu Driver’’ as the subject (please sign and then scan your documents before sending as PDF attachments by email).
Closing Date for applications: Monday 1st March 2021, at 5pm
Please note that the assessment (interview and practical test) will take place at our office at the Rubavu office.
Applicants should be currently living in Rubavu District or willing to relocate to Rubavu District for the duration of the contract.
After the interview has taken place and before signing a contract, the successful candidate will submit the following documents:
- A Police Clearance document
- Notarized academic qualification papers and relevant certificates
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Foundation for Education, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*what is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your personal Christian faith journey, your local church involvement, and how you see all this as relevant to your involvement with the Wellspring Foundation for Education.