Job Title: Driver/Tour Guide
REPORTS TO: TOURS AND TRAVEL MANAGER
LOCATION: KIGALI, RWANDA
CONTRACT DURATION: 2 YEARS RENEWABLE
ABOUT PALAST TOURS AND TRAVELS:
Palast Tours &Travels, is a subsidiary of PALAST ROCK HOLDINGS, a private Rwandan based company specializing in hospitality and tourism investments.
PALAST ROCK HOLDINGS is actively involved with various partners locally, regionally and internationally in the continuous marketing of Rwanda tourism and hospitality industry.
Palast Tours & Travels is Palast Rock Holdings’ newest investment in the industry to further strengthen the value chain of our products/services offering to achieve the overall business growth.
The driver/tour guide role is expected to provide guided tours with a welcoming, hospitable environment and offer rewarding experiences to Palast Tours and Travel clients as he/she drives them to various tourist attraction sites.
The driver/tour guide must guarantee high levels of professionalism while engaging guests in the most informative and interactive manner.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being the ambassador by upholding the values and ethos of the company
- Conducting guided tours with the most hospitable and courteous service
- Ensuring flexibility, pro-activeness and excellent customer relationships at all times
- Maintaining exhaustive knowledge of all aspects of tourism products
- Clearly and particularly providing the best possible information to clients
- Providing to clients all the necessary tour/excursion briefing with a clear program, the timelines, and any applicable restrictions
- Maintaining and observing all the safety and security protocols as set out by the company or competent regulatory body
- Checking the vehicles daily for any necessary maintenance, keeping a logbook to effectively report and track any defects.
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness of the vehicles
- Promptly and calmly handling customer complaints
- Maintaining a neat and professional look at all times
- Assist clients with useful pre-during, and post-trip information dress code advisory, maps, guides, and itinerary details.
- Ensuring service delivery in line with the client’s preferences/special requirements
- Attend webinars, seminars and other product knowledge programs in order to keep updated about industry latest trends and suggest innovative guiding approach to management
- Being proactive in diagnosing clients’ satisfaction, handling complaints and proposing cost-efficient business recovery solutions.
- Setting and discussing service delivery targets (KPIs) with management
- Delivering and exceeding the company’s set targets for customer service while ensuring its profitability.
- Ensuring a regular monitoring/reporting and maintaining statistical records of the company performance
- Handle any other tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic, engaging and informative way of speaking
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to remain calm and collected when dealing with difficult guests
- Passion for learning and willingness to continue acquiring relevant knowledge
- Demonstrate independent initiative taking, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in travel functions particularly inguest relations, customer service or a related field
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Travel and Tourism Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, among others
- Fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda is compulsory. Knowledge of French will be an added value
- Knowledge of national parks, major touristic attractions, rules, and regulations of the industry
- Must have a valid driving license
- Flexibility in terms of working hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs with 3 references and notarized degrees not later than 15th December 2018 strictly to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Palast Rock Ltd is committed to diversity in the workplace and offers a supportive work environment.