VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 11
ECD Project Officer at AEE Rwanda (3)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Country/Location: District Level/Field-based
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship. AEE works closely with CRS Rwanda to promote Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development initiatives in both rural and urban settings.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT) and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
As member of INECD project team at AEE Rwanda, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through implementing, coordinating, and reporting on all ECD project
activities for the successful implementation of the INECD. You will provide technical guidance and advice to AEE staff and Community members more especially Volunteers.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- To assist the Project Coordinator to establish appropriate systems to implement the ECD/ education activities in partnership with communities.
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned ECD activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with AEE program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, Government of Rwanda’s policy/strategy, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activity implementation throughout the project cycle.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact related to ECD indicators.
- Conduct training of staff and other stakeholders on the latest ECD programming competency to promote key ECD approaches.
- Supervise and support community-level capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Oversee the implementation of a community-based ECD approach(es) with a focus on households with children under 6, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Supervise the data collection by Community volunteers and conduct data analysis to be submitted in the reports.
- Conduct regular technical supportive supervision to service providers to ensure the ECD service delivery meets quality standards.
- Collaborate efficiently with all other Project Officers to ensure that other components related activities are well integrated with ECD activities.
- Ensure provision of any logistical and administrative support to Community volunteers.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per AEE and donor requirements.
- Participate in monthly technical planning meetings
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Ensure a good relationship with district officials and other stakeholders involved in ECD activities in the district.
- Perform any other task assigned by relevant supervisors
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required. Master’s Degree in Education or other fields related with Program Area would be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of ECD project/ and educational programming with NGOs.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of ECD, public health, nutrition security, and child rights programming.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Must have a valid motorcycle riding license Category (A).
Required Languages – Working proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
Travel – The position is field based.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Relevant AEE Rwanda staff
External: INECD consortium technical staff, district staff, other Saving practitioners in the project implementation area as well as financial services providers.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for ECD Project Officer).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
- Copy of your valid driving license category (A).
Deadline for application: Friday 22nd October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 13, 2021