Economic Empowerment Coordinator based in Kigali, Rwanda
WfWI – Rwanda seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Economic Empowerment Coordinator. The Economic Empowerment Coordinator will have overall responsibility for supervising departmental staff as well as coordination of activities on day to day basis. S/he will work with the Economic Empowerment Manager to plan, execute and report on all economic empowerment projects as per grant and organizational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate relevant trainings for WfWI target groups and support competence building initiatives for department staff;
- Support WfWI target groups to master and utilize the digitalized VSLA systems, support the establishment of a VSLA Federation, and provide linkages to the formal financial sector;
- Supervise the management of WfWI graduate networks (in terms of capacity building and general organization);
- Organize and execute the implementation of market assessments and pursue linkages with the main aim of addressing issues to do with quality control, standards, and specialization of products produced by our target groups;
- Provide professional value chain orientation by supporting entrepreneurs & groups to engage with and work up the value chains in the business sectors that they are engaged in;
- Constantly seek and develop new partnerships – while maintaining strong working relationships with existing partners - with the relevant private sector, government, and civil society especially in the provision of certified training courses for WfWI target groups;
- Compile and submit high-quality reports to your Supervisor whenever required;
- Work closely with your Supervisor to ensure successful implementation of the overall program goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as development studies, entrepreneurship, and rural development. Holders of Bachelor’s degree with strong relevant professional experience will also be considered;
- At least five (5) years of required experience especially in the NGO field;
- Demonstrated ability to work in the field as well as in the office, often under stressful, time-bound conditions;
- Experience and understanding of the relationship between gender equality and economic empowerment;
- Proven experience working with and mentoring marginalized groups especially women and girls;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Expertise in using Excel and other IT programs essential for financial literacy;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references by using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 19th May 2019.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview. No telephone enquiries, please.