EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
The Education Program Manager will be responsible for oversight and management of the Rwanda education programme. This will involve overseeing implementation of a high quality, innovative programme. This includes; management and coordination of key staff within the education programme, oversight and accountability for the education budget and programme implementation, on-time reporting to donors and members and external representation within the education sector in Rwanda and with other partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in development, education, social science, policy or equivalent fields
- 6 years in progressively responsible leadership roles in education and literacy program development, implementation, and budget holding in International NGO’s sector
- Experience leading team and programme
- Experience in working and maintaining strong relationships with government agencies and donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Experience in fund-raising is an added advantage;
- Strong multi-tasking capacity and flexibility
Contract length: Open Ended
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Interested candidates should send their applications documents (Cover letter and CV with referees’ contacts) renamed under your full name by following one of the links below:
A deadline for receiving applications is May 21st, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*