Job Posting: Education Specialist
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
- JOB SUMMARY
In order to successfully reach the outcomes of this program, RTP Rwanda Office is recruiting an Education Specialist. The incumbent will report directly to the Program Manager. He/she is responsible for providing technical advice and guidance on the development and implementation of education programs in line with the Country Strategic Plan and Right To Play’s global theory of change. The incumbent works to integrate Right To Play’s play-based learning methodologies into the system level education planning and delivery.
- Requirements and Responsibilities
RTP is searching Education Specialist who meets the following requirements and able to assume the responsibilities as follows:
- Master’s degree in Education or related field; or equivalent combination of education;
- 5 years’ experience implementing and providing technical guidance on basic education programs in INGO setting and liaising with government officials;
- Capable of planning, implementing and providing technical support into education-focused program (60% of time);
- Demonstrating proven experience in representation, advocacy and policy engagement into education sector in Rwanda (25% of time);
- Capable of developing program staff capacity, training, coaching and mentoring government educational officials at different levels including Sector Education Officers, District Education Officers, District Education Directors, REB and MINEDUC educationists (10% of time)
- Demonstrating ability and willingness to work under pressure and perform other duties as assigned (5% of time).
If you meet the job responsibilities, requirements and experience as described above and are interested in working in profesional environment that uses transformative power of play into education systems, you could apply for this position and submit your CV, cover letter and 3 referees to Country Director, Right To Play Rwanda-Burundi on the following email : RwandaHR@righttoplay.com not later than the closing date of June 30th , 2018 at 23h00. Please mention « Application to Education Specialist, Rwanda » into your subject.
PS : Do not submit your degrees nor professional certificates at the moment. Only shortlisted applicants will be reached out for written test and interview. FEMALE applicants are highly encouraged to apply