GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Consultancy Opportunity – eLearning Consultant
IntraHealth intends to recruit an eLearning consultant (Graphic Designer) for a technical role on the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda.
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Scope of Work
IntraHealth is seeking an eLearning consultant (Graphic Designer) for a technical role on the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The Ingobyi supports the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to reduce incidence of infant and maternal mortality and malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five.
The consultant will support the development of contents through the eLearning platform. S/he will work with the Ingobyi technical team and stakeholders, design animated contents, videos, text, cartoons, infographics and illustrations.
- working with the eLearning technical team to develop content for CHWs;
- use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create the learning content;
- create visual elements, such as short videos, images, and illustrations that help to deliver a desired knowledge and skill to CHWs
- incorporate changes recommended by the eLearning technical team and stakeholders into final design of the learning content;
- design of the learning content; together with the learning content, conduct the initial training to in Charges of CHWs on delivery and management of eLearning system and materials;
- pre-test draft learning with groups representing CHWs and incorporate changes based on outcome and;
- ensure the functionality of the eLearning system prior to roll out to CHWs following best practices with the design and creative contents.
- Following best practice with the design and creative contents
- Inception report outlining understanding of the assignment, procedure to deliver key tasks and timelines;
- Develop visual designs (short videos, cartoons, images, infographics and illustrations) and integrate these into learning contents of CHWs on the eLearning platform;
- Report the initial training of in Charges of CHWs on delivery and management of the eLearning system;
- Testing the materials uploaded in the eLearning platform and fixing possible bugs.
- Completion report on accomplishments and any recommendation to be considered by the eLearning technical team and stakeholders going forward.
- Prior experience in developing eLearning or distance learning (eg using Moodle or equivalent learning platform).
- Demonstrate excellence in design, layout and typography
- Evidence of sound experience in, and use of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience of designing content for web and non-web applications.
- A degree-level professional qualification relevant to graphic design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in designing new material that is appropriate for target audience.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work within demanding deadlines
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Prior experience to work with or in INGO setting, particularly USAID funded projects.
- Analytical skills: S/he must be able to examine how the designs to develop will be perceived by CHWs to ensure s/he conveys the desired message.
- Artistic ability: S/he must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to CHWs. S/he must be good at producing rough illustrations of design ideas by using computer programs.
- Communication skills: ensure that the designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information to the audience (CHWs)
- Creativity: S/he must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to CHWs. S/he can develop unique designs that convey a certain message.
- Time-management skills: She/he must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time, each with a different deadline.
Table 1: Assignment tasks and timeline
Timeline (# of days)
a. Preparatory work/orientation to existing eLearning systems, inception report and meetings with technical team and stakeholders
b. Create visual elements such as short videos, images, and illustrations that help to deliver desired knowledge and skills to CHWs.
c. Testing and fixing possible bugs of contents for in-charge and ToT of CHWs (Through eLearning platform)
d. Revision and reporting on accomplished tasks.
Consultancy fees will be negotiated with best candidate and should not exceed local consultancy rates of IntraHealth International Rwanda and will be subjected to taxes. The consultancy fees will be charged based on an agreed daily rate and the time necessary to complete the assignment in a professional and timely manner. A contract will be established between IntraHealth and selected candidate. IntraHealth reserves its rights to cancel this invitation for consultancy services at any time or to not award consultancy services contract in case the organization is not satisfied with the quality of applications or for whatever reason.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to the Chief of Party via email: email@example.com with “eLearning consultant” in the subject line no later than February 22nd, 2019 @5pm. NB: receiving and evaluation of applications, interviews, and practical tests will be conducted on rolling basis.
The application file should include:
- motivation letter and updated CVs;
- professional references with full names, phone number and email address;
- technical proposal (3 pages maximum) including the client understanding of intended Scope of Work;
- Consultancy fees-daily rates;
- proof of completed similar products from previous assignments; and
- copies of relevant operating licence/registration from RRA & RDB, TIN Number and any other relevant documents.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within one week from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.