Position: Electrical Site Supervision Consultant
- The consultant will have primary responsibility for the oversight of all HV, MV and LV electrical construction activities on the project as the client may require and deemed necessary to achieve project COD and effective operation of the project.
- The consultant shall have prior experience of working on (construction and commissioning), but not limited to HV, MV and LV electrical switchgear and MCC’s, electric motors, electrical generators and excitation systems, electrical protection, metering and telemetry systems, battery and UPS systems, transformers, VFD’s, diesel generators, busbar systems, neutral grounding resistors, cable tray and ladder systems, lighting and small power systems.
- Reporting to the site and sustainability manager, the consultant shall act as the prime interface between the client, the EPC contractor and its electrical installation sub-contractor
- The consultant shall familiarise himself with both the clients' specification and the EPC contractors design basis and shall verify that the design basis is in accordance with the specification. In the event of conflicts, the consultant shall with the assistance of the site and sustainability manager and acting reasonably, but in the interests of the clients, mutually resolve such conflict with the EPC Contractor.
- The consultant shall ensure that the electrical installation is being constructed in accordance with the specification by conducting daily monitoring to verify both its quality and the EPC and its sub-contractor is installing the works as per the required schedule and just as importantly, safely. In the event that the consultant discovers the EPC contractor or its sub-contractor is blatantly not following the design or specification, the consultant will raise, and be responsible for closing out non-conformance reports.
- The consultant will expedite, review and approve quality inspection and test plans submitted by the EPC contractor and its sub-contractor.
- The consultant shall be responsible for witnessing such tests as may be required by the EPC Contractor and its sub-contractor, and for signing off and accepting test protocols to verify that the test requirements have been satisfactorily achieved.
- Should the consultant discover any design errors during the installation the contractor shall raise the same with the EPC contractor and work with the EPC contractor to resolve such problems at the site and verify that field change notifications are raised if necessary.
- The consultant together with the clients O&M personnel shall witness all commissioning and facility hand over tests and where applicable reviewing the results of the same to ensure the facility is able to achieve its performance requirements stipulated in the Clients Power Purchase Agreement.
- The consultant will act as the main point of contact for all technical aspects relating to the connection of the power plant to the electricity utility switchyard and partake in meetings with the utility.
- The consultant shall additionally provide technical support to the Clients Peat Fuel company in respect of providing a sustainable supply of power to the Peat Lands. This shall as appropriate include design responsibility where applicable.
- Master’s degree or it's equivalent in electrical engineering
- Over 25 years’ experience in energy power solutions, industrial plants, and plant equipment for Power, Oil & Gas, Mining, Utility and Transportation Companies
- Professional experience in supervisory & management to lead, motivate & build cohesive teams to achieve high level results and professional experience in all aspects of electrical mechanical installation, plant commissioning, project management for (PPA) power purchase agreements and (EPC) engineering, procurement, construction projects for plant improvements, availability, performance and reliability, managing conventional and non-conventional power plants and plant fleets of over 1,500Mw
Qualified candidates should apply using the "Apply for this job" button below until September 12th, 2019.