DSPA (R) Ltd is an international company specialized in all mechanical and electrical systems including fire and security. We operate in all East African countries. We provide internationally compliant solutions and hardware to provide 24/7 protection of life safety and high-value resources.
We offer standard and tailor-made solutions and products to meet the specific needs of customers in the residential houses, commercial houses, industries, banks, hospitals, military, mining government sector, telecommunication, etc. We are also an official distributor of DSPA products in East Africa. We possess expertise within the fire and security sectors including a pool of experienced high skilled technicians and engineers qualified to carry out design, installation, and project management and auditing of fire safety and integrated security systems.
DSPA Rwanda is currently looking for dedicated, qualified, and self-motivated team players, reliable individuals with experience in the security and fire management and protection services to fill the following vacant positions at the company:
- Electromechanical (MEP) Engineer (1 position)
The electromechanical engineer’s responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical expertise in fire alarm systems and solutions
- Responsible for project management and client’s site execution related to all electrical works- which includes Fire Protection/ Fire Fighting installation, testing, and commissioning activities of all electrical work at the site.
- He/she will be responsible for monitoring the installation of Fire Protection, CCTV, Fire Alarm, Access Control Systems, and HVAC for clients.
- Assist in and prepare working drawings for new designs and upgrades of building Mechanical Systems upon the client’s request.
- Prepare HVAC Layouts, Ducting, Piping, and Plumbing Plans, architectural plans for assigned projects to include if required by the client; Electrical Layout, Elevations,3D Views, Single Line Diagrams for Mechanical and Electrical Systems, Wiring Diagrams, Equipment Schedules, MEP Drawing Details, and Specifications.
Job Qualification, Skills, and experience
He/she should be an experienced Mechanical Engineer with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection systems background. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in AutoCAD with experience in drafting plans, sections, elevations, details, etc. The following qualification is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic College.
- 5 years of working experience in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering, with extensive experience in management, supervision, procuring, acquisition, and monitoring of Electrical and electronic systems, fire alarm systems, CCTV and Access control systems, plumbing works, electrical and mechanical works, and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Be familiar with basic building codes, safety standards, and other relevant engineering information ((Knowledge of 3D Drawings, Rivet and Adobe Suite plus, or any other related design software.).
- Be an active member of the Institute of Engineers of Rwanda or equivalent.
- The ability to read and understand Mechanical, Electrical, plumbing architectural, civil and structural plans is a must.
- Computer skills are a must (Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a team setting, with the ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be a quick learner-Must be punctual
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be self-directed and able to complete tasks and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Must be able to speak and write good English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae and Degree/Diploma Certificates with two referees via the "Apply for this job" button below not later than 29th October 2020 at 5.00 pm Kigali time.