EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTRE MANAGEMENT LEAD
|Type of role|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract length||1 year|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||01 Dec 2020|
|Interview date||Earliest possible|
|Start date||Earliest possible|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. In 2018/19, VSO supported over one million of the poorest and most excluded people in 23 countries across Africa and Asia.
We're excited to open applications for the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead role to join our newly launched programme on Polio eradication in 8 different countries in Africa.
In this role, you'll oversee and lead the implementation of the activities and deliverables of the core project team at each location. In addition to setting up the Emergency Operation Centre, you will formally hand over to the national government at the end of the programme.
We are looking for experienced professionals who can proactively lead a multi-disciplinary programme Core Team and work collaboratively with the priority country government and Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners to meet the programme's goals.
As our Polio programme is active in countries where French and English are officials languages, we are looking for bilingual candidates that are fluent in both English and French languages.
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- A Graduate Degree in the relevant course of study (e.g., public health, biomedical sciences, business public administration, international development)
- Strong experience and knowledge with a proven track record of improving health programme effectiveness and efficiency in Africa
- Proven track record of leading high performing programme teams in the challenging country and/or multicultural environments
- Significant experience in building and strengthening partnerships in challenging health programme or health systems areas
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to inspire teams and partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English and/or French
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.