Environment | Water | Sustainability
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT EARTH SYSTEMS
With offices in Australia, China, Lao PDR, Senegal, Rwanda, and the UK, Earth Systems is an environmental science and engineering company that is seeking highly motivated, ambitious professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
Earth Systems develops and implements innovative and effective environmental, water, energy, and sustainability solutions. We work in the private sector, government and aid/development projects.
We are seeking to employ exceptional environmental professionals with intermediate to senior experience to join our team and help develop and expand our business.
Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Consultant – Full-time – Kigali, Rwanda
As a key member of the Environmental Management and Assessment Team, you will be involved in providing technical, scientific and consulting services.
You will work on a range of environmental assessment and management projects for a wide range of clients and be responsible for managing and overseeing time-bound consulting assignments typically associated with Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs). These include baseline studies, impact assessments and the design and development of social and environmental management and monitoring plans but could extend to other technical environmental and social assessments.
As a key member of the Rwandan team, you will be involved in aspects of the day-to-day administration of the office and will also contribute to the planning and development of Earth Systems commercial activities both in Rwanda and overseas.
Responsibilities are expected to include:
- Assisting with baseline field surveys and site investigations;
- Data analysis and preparation of high-quality technical reports;
- Maintaining technical awareness of developments within environmental science relevant to both the work of Earth Systems and your own technical background;
- Project management of consulting inputs into multi-disciplinary environmental consulting projects;
- Preparation of cost estimates and proposals for potential clients;
- Engage with clients and undertake site visits;
- Assist in continuing to develop the Rwanda office as an integral and successful part of the Earth Systems Group, nationally and regionally across East Africa.
- Maintain an awareness of environmental standards and trends in areas applicable to Earth Systems;
- Build on your areas of specialist knowledge and interdisciplinary skills;
- Keep other Earth Systems personnel informed of any important developments associated with your activities or field of knowledge that may be of relevance to their tasks and activities;
- Help us to develop messaging and communications to inform others of our work;
- Develop and build project management and client liaison skills;
- Other duties as directed.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Relevant environment or associated qualification(s) i.e. Bachelor / Masters;
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, including environmental and social assessment and project management;
- Strong field capabilities;
- Understanding of and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety;
- Proven Project Management and analytical abilities;
- Commitment to respectful collaboration with team members across countries and continents;
- The ability to identify and develop new opportunities and clients for Earth Systems;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities across the spectrum of their responsibilities and the ability to deliver projects to a high technical standard;
- The ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Exceptional written and verbal English language communication skills (proficiency in additional languages will be highly regarded);
- Passion and a strong interest in the environment; and
- An interest in, and ability to travel within East Africa.
The position will be based in our Kigali office, with significant opportunities to work regionally.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is 6th October 2019