Terms of Reference (TOR) for the design of websites for Trócaire partners
BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, P.O. Box 2040,
Tel : (+250) 0252 502663 / (+250) 0252 502664
Expression of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified companies and individuals.
This ToR covers the following two assignments:
1. Design of web sites for five (5) Partner organisations namely : Union des Coopératives Agricoles Intégrées (UNICOOPAGI), Initiation pour la Promotion de la Famille et du Genre (IPFG), Centre Igiti cy’Ubugingo (CIU), and Commission Episcopale Justice et Paix (CEJP), and Caritas Gikongoro
2. Development of maintenance guides, training on website up dating and maintenance, and provision of technical support for six (6) partner organizations namely: UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, Caritas Gikongoro, and Conseil de Concertation d’Appui aux Initiatives de Base CCOAIB).
Duration of the assignment
60 calendar days from Monday 13 May 2019
10 April 2019
Due date for EOIs
Friday 24 April 2019 at 12h00
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia including Rwanda. Trócaire has been operating in Rwanda since 1994 and is currently implementing a 5-year Strategic plan from 2016-2020 focused on three programme pillars: Resource Rights, Women’s Empowerment and Preparing and Responding to Emergencies. Trócaire does not implement programme directly. The organization works in partnership with local civil society and Catholic organizations in seven districts in Rwanda.
Trócaire will treat the content of all submissions as strictly confidential and information provided in consultant(s) proposals will be used solely for the purpose outlined in this TOR.
III. Purpose and scope of the assignment
The purpose of this term of reference is to solicit the services of a company or individual consultant to (i) design five websites respectively for UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, and Caritas Gikongoro; and (ii) develop maintenance guides, provide training on website update and maintenance, and provide technical support for all following partner organizations: UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, Caritas Gikongoro, and CCOAIB.
IV. Expected Results /Deliverables
- The following five partner organizations are consulted in terms of design: UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, and Caritas Gikongoro;
- Five websites for UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, and Caritas Gikongoro are created and made functional.
Maintenance guides, training, and technical support
- Website maintenance guides are developed and validated by Trócaire and the following partner organizations: UNICOOPAGI, IPFG, CIU, CEJP, Caritas Gikongoro, and CCOAIB;
- Relevant staff members across the six partner organizations mentioned above, are trained on website maintenance and updating; and
- Technical support is provided for each partner (1 day per partner) to upload organisational information and documentation and to insert linkages to other webpages as required and requested, as well as to assist with any other support request as reasonable and possible to be provided within one working day.
V. Required Expertise
The consultant/consultancy firm will have:
- Demonstrable experience in designing websites;
- Demonstrable experience in the development of simple website user maintenance guides in Kinyarwanda and English;
- Capacity to deliver training for NGOs staff; and
- Websites maintenance experience.
VI. Duration of the assignment
The task will take sixty (60) working days counted from 13 May 2019 as assigned below:
- Website design for five partner organizations: a total of forty (40) days (8 days per partner) dedicate to that, this include consulting the partners for the design of their websites as well as creating and making the websites functional
- Maintenance guides, trainings, and technical support for the six partner organizations: twelve (12) days dedicate to the maintenance guides elaboration (this include 2 days for Trócaire and its partner organizations to validate the guides), two (2) days dedicate to trainings (maintenance and website update), and six (6) days dedicate to technical support (1 day per partner).
VII. Documentation required for EOI
Consultants/Consulting companies submitting EOIs should submit the following:
- Technical bid showing clear understanding of the scope of assignment and examples of similar assignments done before;
- Financial bid with clear breakdown of costs and rate per day in RWF;
- VAT Registration and Tax Clearance Certificate for companies;
- Payment terms and pricing structure;
- Proposed turnaround time in line with the proposed timeline above;
- Contact details of 3 references (including NGO); and
- Proof of registration with relevant institutions.
VIII. General Terms and Conditions
Trócaire Rwanda reserves the right to reject any and all Expressions of Interest not fulfilling requirements associated with this request. Trócaire Rwanda will not be responsible or liable for any and all costs associated with the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
- Trócaire does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced tender;
- Trócaire reserves the right to engage other companies/consultants if required;
Trócaire shall be free to:
- To accept the whole, or part only, of any EOI;
- To accept none of the EOIs tendered;
- To republish this Request for EOIs;
- In the event of not accepting any of the EOIs received on foot of this Request for EOI, Trócaire shall be free to make such arrangements as it considers necessary in relation to the provision of the services;
- The EOI shall maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the services being sought and the evaluation process;
- Any subsequent contract shall be considered as a contract made in Rwanda, according to Rwanda law; and
- The Standard Terms and Conditions to which Trócaire expects all of its suppliers to respect can be found on the Trócaire website - https://www.trocaire.org/about/work-with-trocaire/supply-chain.
IX. Conflict of interest
Any conflict of interest involving an applicant must be fully disclosed to Trócaire. Failure to disclose a conflict may disqualify an applicant or invalidate an award of the contract. Applicants are required to declare any current or past work that might reasonably be considered to represent a conflict of interest. It will be for Trócaire to decide if any material conflict of interest exists and applicants in doubt in this regard should seek the advice of Trócaire.
Trócaire is committed to safeguarding programme participants from any form of exploitation or abuse as a result of our programmes or activities. Anyone working for or on behalf of Trócaire must share this commitment. Trócaire’s Position Statement on Exploitation and Abuse and Trócaire’s Child Safeguarding Policy Summary document outline expectations in this regard, including a Code of Conduct. All consultants, representatives and volunteers of Trócaire will be expected to sign these documents along with a Declaration Form and a Self-Declaration Form.
XI. Intellectual property
Any concepts, guidelines or other material developed during the contract will be considered as property of Trócaire and may be used by Trócaire.
XII. Termination of Contract
Trócaire reserves the right to terminate the contract at any stage on payment of reasonable and agreed costs accrued to the date of termination.
If at any stage during the contract, the services delivered by the consultant is found to be unsatisfactory, the contract may be terminated by Trócaire. In the event of such a termination, the consultant will only be entitled to receive payment in relation to the acceptable services rendered at that time.
XIII. Submission of proposals
All interested and qualified companies or individuals should submit well-typed financial and technical proposals to Trócaire Rwanda, BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, Kigali, Rwanda no later than Friday 26 April 2019 at 12h00.
Alternatively, proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com indicating “EOI for the design of three websites and maintenance guide for Trócaire partners” in the subject heading. The financial proposal should be inclusive of tax and quoted in Rwanda Francs (RWF). Demonstrable experience and value for Money (VFM) will be key considerations in evaluation proposals submitted. Only qualified consulting firms and individual consultants’ resident in Rwanda will be considered. Any questions regarding this consultancy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
10 April 2019