Organisation pour la Promotion de la Contribution Active de la Femme Rwandaise au Développement.
Siège : Sainte Famille-Kigali-Nyarugenge
B.P: 1117 Kigali-Rwanda
Email : email@example.com
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) (CONSULTING SERVICES) RWANDA HONEY VALUE CHAIN PROJECT: ENABLING WOMEN BEEKEEPERS TO ACCESS MARKETS
Title of the EOI: Training in Cooperative management, basic business skills and product packaging.
Reference : SERUKA/RHVC-WB/2017/EOI-09
Project ID No: N/A
SERUKA Non-Governmental Organization has received Grant from “The African Development Bank and for the African Development fund (as Administrator for the Africa Trade Fund) toward the cost of the “Rwanda Honey Value chain Project: Enabling Women Beekeepers to access Markets” and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Consultancy Services to train beekeepers cooperatives representatives in both cooperative management, basic business skills and product packaging.
Purpose: The purpose of the consultancy service is to equip cooperatives representatives of beekeepers with basic cooperative leadership, managerial skills and business skills so that they can on their turn train other cooperative members.
- The training will target 70 representatives of beekeeping cooperatives which will be divided into 2 rounds.
- The training session will focus on matters of basic cooperative management, entrepreneurship
and marketing skills.
Duration: Five (5) days for each round of training
Required skills and qualifications:
- Master Degree in Business administration, Economics, rural development, sociology with a working experience of three years in similar career; or with a Bachelor’s Degree in above mentioned domains and working experience of 5 years in similar responsibilities;
- Proved record in planning and facilitation trainings and workshops at community level;
- Mastery of adult-training approaches;
- Leadership and cooperative management capacity building for smallholder farmers;
- Knowledgeable in Sustainable agriculture, apiculture in Rwanda;
- Mastery of cooperatives movement in Rwanda, major issues facing cooperatives of smallholder farmers;
- Excellent at communication strategies and community mobilization
- Good knowledge of Gender mainstreaming in socio-economic initiatives
- Proven competency with at least 3 good completion certificates in designing and conducting trainings on the related topics.
SERUKA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (legal documents, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedures shall be in accordance with the African Development fund’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of consultants” (May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2012), which is available on the Fund’s website at http://www.afdb.org. SERUKA is under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested Individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8h00-17h00 local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 29th June, 2018 at 9h00 am local time and mention “Consultancy Services to train beekeepers cooperatives representatives in cooperative management, basic business skills and product packaging”. Expression of interest submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
SERUKA Non-Governmental Organization
Attn: Uwase Priscille, Executive Secretary
P.O.B 1117 Kigali-Rwanda
City of Kigali-Nyarugenge District
Economat General-Sainte Famille