- Job brief
We are looking for an Environmental, Social, Health, and Safety (ESHS) Engineer for the construction of an hydroelectric power plant in Rusumo (Rwanda), in charge of implementing the ESHS specifications related to the project.
- Job description
As ESHS Engineer, you:
- You have relevant experience in a technical sector like construction and power plants (minimum of 5 years’ experience in HSE)
- You supervise environmental and social issues and health and safety issues
- You ensure regular inspections of all worksites during day and night shifts
- You ensure that the works are carried out pursuant to the ESHS specifications and notify the ESHS Manager if any nonconformity is detected
- You are responsible for the work of the ESHS Inspector
- You can write reports about different situations on-site.
- You can write the different documents needed before the works (SSP,)
- You can evaluate the working situations and define what are the concerns for safety in those situations
- You can hold daily and weekly on-site meetings about safety
- You have relevant experiences in a technical sector like construction and powerplants
- You have solid verbal and written communication skills
- You are trustworthy
- Promote our company
- You know the labor legislation
- Project conditions
- Salary in RWF on your local bank account.
- Hydropower plant of Rusumo in RWANDA
- Work language: English; French is an asset.
- Housing on site
- Duration: to be discussed, around 2 years
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV with reference to the job (ESHS Engineer), cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries, please.