JOB ADVERT: Executive Director Kwigira
About Stay Foundation and Kwigira Stay Alliance Rwanda.
Stay Foundation is a foundation that supports Rwandan Social Entrepreneurs and Founders of NGOs, CBOs, and other socially-oriented organizations informing the “Kwigira Stay Alliance Rwanda”. Kwigira is an umbrella Organizations of currently 21 local Social Entrepreneurs and NGOs whose overall objective is to overcome extreme poverty. The umbrella and its members work in communities in the thematic areas of Income generation, Health, and Education.
Kwigira will focus on strengthening these experienced leaders through providing a platform for exchange and advocacy, and especially through developing income-generating strategies and programmes in entrepreneurial ways to ensure sustainable impact for the beneficiaries. Stay Foundation currently supports Kwigira in the process of registration in Rwanda and is now looking for an Executive Director for Kwigira.
More information about Kwigira and Stay Foundation can be found on the Stay Alliance Website: https://stay-alliance.org/kwigira-stay-alliance-rwanda/
Position: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
- Results-oriented management of a membership-based umbrella organization
The applicant should have proven experience in leading and managing (mediating) in the context of various stakeholders, strategize, prioritize and produce outstanding results (together with his/her team).
- Apply and convey entrepreneurial thinking and methods to the poverty alleviation and NGO context
The applicant must be well versed in both “worlds” and be able to produce synergies not only conceptually but also in the Kwigira member’s understanding and implementation of programs. This includes the ability to develop high-level business plans, market research, design of services, etc.
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
The applicant must through his/her way of communication motivate, activate, and coordinate the umbrella members. He/she must quick and reliable communicator who understands both the German and Rwandan stakeholder’s way of communicating and thinking and is able to mediate between the two.
See below a list of the main responsibilities of the role. Please note that this may not be an exhaustive list and the successful candidate may also be expected to take on additional responsibilities within the overall scope of the role.
Vision & Leadership
- Inspire and motivate Kwigira staff to engage with and deliver on Kwigira’s
- Develop, communicate and assess priorities in light of a rapidly changing external
- Strengthen the Kwigira membership, its reputation, and credibility, seeking long term benefits to Kwigira members
- Manage key relationships with Kwigira member organizations, encourage open dialogue and actively foster collaboration between Kwigira members
- Identify and engage key stakeholders (including governments, business leaders, and global NGOs) and foster partnerships to pursue Kwigira’s mission-related objectives.
- Represent interests of Kwigira membership both national and international
- Enhance Kwigira’s profile by speaking publicly at relevant
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board, General Assembly, and country coordination office to support their respective important governance
- Report to Board on organizational performance against Kwigira’s strategic objectives, annual workplans, and budget based on targets and indicators.
- Formulation of effective policies and their implementation
- In liaison with Administration, human resource & Finance committee to ensure preparation and regular review of annual
- Develop and standardize self-financing and scalable poverty alleviation programs in cooperation with members.
- Develop business models, leading market research, consulting, logistics and
- In partnership with the programs and services committee initiate, develop, and implement a fundraising strategy to mobilize resources for the umbrella.
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous programme evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Define organizational work plans and priorities in order to effectively achieve Kwigira’s
- Engage, develop and empower staff in order to enable high performing teams and individual learning.
- Ensure that staff, systems, and other resources are aligned to deliver high impact outcomes and operational
- Foster an enabling environment to encourage continuous learning and
- Support conceptualization, fundraising, and launch of new programmatic
- Ensure supervision, effective program delivery, and achievement of set targets and
- Swift and reliable communicator in a multi-stakeholder setting, ensuring all relevant parties’ understanding of key items are synchronized. This includes a strong element of intercultural communication
- Excellent public speaking abilities and experience in dealing with high-level individuals (e.g. donors or government or corporate representatives) on a one to one basis.
Essential Attributes, skills, and experience
- Passion for poverty alleviation and social entrepreneurship
- Proven experience in dealing with education, health, and income-generating
- An accomplished leader with substantial experience in developing and managing high performing teams
- Proven experience in developing and delivering strategy and communicating clearly about organizational priorities
- Demonstrable experience building networks and relationships with a wide range of actors in diverse countries, including governments, businesses, and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Strong collaborative decision-making ability and inclusive
- Comfortable and ready to travel widely both national and international
- Professional qualifications and experience in leadership and strategic
- In-depth knowledge of the operation of umbrella/ alliances.
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role in an organization with a similar or relevant structure or role as Kwigira.
- Proven experience with managing membership-based initiatives and membership representation in both national and international
- Experience with service provision and developing revenue-generating
- Experience with fundraising from international donors and foundations and mixed-income models for
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The prospective Executive Director employee should hold a Bachelor’s degree in bachelor in business administration or development studies or any other related course from a recognized university /institution. MA Degree, preferably in economics, management courses (or development studies, international relations, entrepreneurship)
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in private enterprises, particularly in the field of agribusiness.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English, French, and Swahili is an advantage
- Experience in the acceleration of business start-ups.
- Should be ready for a long-term contract. Temporarily contract with Stay Foundation and after registration with Kwigira
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, copies of notified academic documents ALL in one document on email;
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th of February 2021 at 6:00 pm. Interviews will take place in Kigali at the Kwigira office at Kucyamitsing, Airport road, Mushumbamwiza, Nyarugunga sector, Kicukiro District, and online.