Job Description & Specification – Colleague
This is a summary of the key duties and responsibilities related to the position below and includes the skills, experience, and educational background required by the employee, as well as the competencies and behaviors that are expected at this level.
Please take your time to read through it, sign the acknowledgment and hand it back to Human Resources.
1 POSITION Details
- Position Executive, Sales & Marketing, ONE&ONLY RWANDA
- Level Colleague
- Department Sales & Marketing
- Reports to Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Subordinates N/A
2 JOB Details & Requirements
Responsible for assisting the Manager Sales & Marketing with the administration and smooth running of the day-to-day office operations. Provides detailed support to Manager, Sales & Marketing with Sales, Marketing, and PR related administration tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective running of the Sales & Marketing department and complete coordination of sales, marketing, and PR administration processes.
- Provides daily administration assistance and support to Manager, Sales & Marketing, and Reservations to ensure maximum productivity.
- Manages all Sales, Marketing and PR purchase requests, account reconciliations, expense management, expense trackers, invoice reconciliation, petty cash, and other administrative tasks.
- Manages trade site requests, gift certificate requests, and other partner requests as directed.
- Reviews processes and implements systems that will increase general office productivity and reporting formats.
- Assists with sales campaigns, marketing activity, advertising activity, digital activity.
- Assist leisure sales activity through a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) trade partner client liaison and key client support contact, Consortia portal management, group quotes, and group tracking, and general sales responses.
- Assist Marketing through a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) providing standard content and image requests for both trade and media, review of trade brochure inclusions, basic proofing, and other supporting with global requests.
- Produces management reports and data analysis reports.
- Produces high-quality presentations for reporting requirements as required on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensures all client inquiries are handled in a professional manner with a same-day turnaround.
- Maintains site inspection log and alert Property Manager weekly to arriving site inspections and familiarization.
- Handles and coordinates ad hoc reservations and site inspections.
- Manages general correspondence (including the professional composition of emails), reports, client letters, etc.
- Produces high-quality standard templates and accurate excel spreadsheets for reporting purposes.
- Assists with preparations of trade shows ensuring timely registration, payment of fees, and dispatch of collateral.
- Handles the preparation of gift and prize certificates, all courier, freight, and mail activities including posting.
- Provides general support and assistance to Sales and Marketing Manager and Reservations agent as directed.
- Proactive development and management of internal Sales & Marketing systems and procedures.
- Building presence and awareness of the brand nationally in Rwanda and the rest of the region and at a strategic level globally
- Working collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing Manager to drive strategy across multiple customer markets and to educate on the benefits of the product
- Executing brand-related events to maximize the PR value and opportunity generated by such events
- Developing Specific communications materials including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, presentations
- Liaising and pitching to both local, regional and international press
- Management and coordination of social media activity locally and globally
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Tourism, Marketing or PR and Communications undergraduate desirable
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills – a minimum of the intermediate level required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Opera PMS and Delphi knowledge desirable
- 2 years of experience in sales and marketing in the hospitality industry
- Core Values & Competencies
Blow Away The Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
- Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my leaders
- I respond to supervision positively
Happy to join us! Share your cv on email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 5th, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.