The Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a Non-Governmental Organization that was established in 2004 with an objective to setup up a platform for information sharing, consultation and advocacy among CSOs and their partners. It operates in accordance with Law No. 04/2012 of 17/02/2012 on the organization and functioning of national non-governmental organizations in Rwanda. It is currently composed of 9 national umbrella Organizations which have more than 500 Member NGOs in total. The mission of RCSP is to act as a framework of exchange, strengthening solidarity and the capacity of its members, to be the people’s voice and defend the public interests and interests of its members at national, regional and international levels.
To achieve its mission, RCSP seeks to recruit a qualified, energetic and capable candidate to serve as an Executive Secretary (ES). The ES is also a secretary to the meeting of the Board of Directors in addition to his/her primary role of leading the Secretariat.
Position title: Executive Secretary of RCSP
Contract Duration: Negotiable
Availability: Immediately (As soon as possible)
Role and Responsibility of the ES
The overall responsibility of the ES is to perform the day to day management of RCSP operations, coordinate and provide strategic leadership in developing, reviewing, monitoring and implementing the policies, plans, strategies and programmes of the institution and provide for proper use and accountability of its resources.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
I. Tasks related to the day to day management
- Manage and coordinate activities of the RCSP on a daily basis,
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the secretariat staff and ensure they are delivering to higher performance standards;
- Ensure effective organizational leadership and smooth programs and projects’ implementation;
- Develop project proposals and submit them to the donors for enhancing the resource base of the organization;
- Instigate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors in order to fund RCSP strategic plan;
- Provide financial oversight and activity planning by ensuring that RCSP funds are used responsibly, transparently and in a such way to ensure good reputation of the organization in front of its partners;
- Ensure effective and efficient management of human and financial resources of RCSP and put in place Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems;
- Administer RCSP operations and programmes in compliance with Rwandan laws and national NGO best practices under the strategic guidance of the Board ;
- Prepare and submit timely the quarterly and annual progress reports to the RCSP Board of directors and technically support them to develop organizational policies, expanded partnerships and to provide a strong strategic direction in order to enable an effective decision-making process of RCSP;
- Ensure proper management of records and archives of the RCSP governance meetings and decisions;
- Refine documents to be examined by the Board of Directors and to implement decisions taken during Board meetings;
- Promote accountability and transparency in the management and delivery of RCSP services and adherence to the Financial Regulations and Guidelines;
- Institute proper internal financial control systems with the aim of securing the Organization’s funds and resources;
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with RCSP members;
- Perform other duties of the RCSP as may be assigned by the Board of Directors;
II. Programmatic Duties
- Facilitate the development of RCSP strategic plan and actions plan and mobilize adequate resources for its implementation;
- Lead the process of conceptualizing , organizing and measuring the impact of RCSP’s activities and programmes;
- Coordinate research works to ensure that RCSP undertakes evidence based advocacy;
- Act as liaison of RCSP and its partners by proactively engaging relevant stakeholders at local, national and international levels;
- Ensure the RCSP visibility / public image is extremely increased in terms of contributing to the development of the country;
- Represent RCSP in local, national and international forums and meetings;
- Coach and nurture adequate skills and potentials of the staff so that they can effectively implement RCSP activities.
III. SKILLS AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree with honors in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Business Administration, Project Management, Economics and other related fields.
- A candidate with a Master’s Degree in the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Experience: At least Five (5) years working experience, Two (2) of which should have been in a managerial position from a reputable organization. Having worked in NGOs or Civil Society Organizations is preferred.
- Holding a driving license category B is an added value.
IV. PERSONAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS :
- Planning, organization and coordination skills;
- Leadership and Human resource management;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Partnership development, Stakeholder Engagement, and Resource Mobilization;
- Team working and Time management;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Sense of Accountability, Transparency, and Result oriented;
- Change management and ability to work without supervision;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Relationship builder and diplomatic negotiator;
- Positive moral values, Ethics and Integrity;
Professionalism and Strengths: Business Acumen, Respect, integrity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, ability to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, facilitating change, team development, conflict management, future looking, strategic decision making, planning, and organizing, leading through visionary programmes.
V. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit physically their applications addressed to the Chairperson of RCSP at the Front Desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform Country Office located in Kicukiro district, Kagarama sector, KK 371 st, Plot no 4.
VI. APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
(1) A cover letter (ii) a comprehensive CV (iii) Academic Certificates (iv) Contact addresses of 3 referees, one of whom should be your latest employer.
VI. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday21st June 2018 at 5:00 pm(Local time)
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after the closing date will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you need further information, please contact Administrative Assistant on 0783231237.
Done at Kigali, on 8th June 2018
SEKANYANGE Jean Léonard
Chairperson of RCSP