JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Institute of Real Property Valuers in Rwanda (IRPV) was established by Law Nº 17/2010 of 12/05/2010 establishing and organizing the real property valuation profession in Rwanda as published in Official Gazette n° 20 of 17/05/2010. The responsibilities of the Institute were set by the law as follows: 1 º to analyze and find solutions to all problems related to the real property valuation profession; 2 º to analyze and find solutions to all problems related to the conduct of real property valuers; 3 º to exchange information relating to the real property valuation profession; 4 º to promote the real property valuation profession in Rwanda and 5 º to prepare regulations and guidelines governing the real property valuation profession. For the purpose of fulfilling its responsibilities, the Institute would like to hire a competent individual at the position of Executive Secretary.
Position: Executive Secretary
Nature of contract: Full Time
Effectiveness of the contract: immediately after notice of Successful results.
Nature of Assignment:
The Executive Secretary shall be specifically responsible to:
1) Execute the decisions of the Board of Directors;
2) Prepare and Implement the action plan of the Institute;
3) Facilitate the collaboration between members, organs and partners;
4) Facilitate the communication and circulation of the information between individuals, members, organs, and partners to ensure the building of mutually beneficial relationships;
5) Participate in the preparation of the sessions of the Board of Directors and the General Assembly;
6) Define on expenses in the limits of the budget, the manual of procedures and the decisions of the Board;
7) Recruit the personnel and assume its management in accordance with the organic charter and the manual of procedures;
8) Support the management of various project initiatives and activities on behalf of the institute
9) Facilitate the development and operationalization of the organization’s strategic plan.
10) Initiate collaboration and partnerships between IRPV and other institutions or stakeholders geared towards improving the operational capacities of the organization;
11) Initiate, propose and elaborate key strategic documents deemed necessary for the operation of the organization;
12) Coordinate and manage all financial transactions of the institute;
13) Accomplish any other task attributed to the Board.
- Rwandese by Nationality
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, economics, accountancy or any other
- related field with at least five (5) years managerial experience, or a post-graduate degree or
- Postgraduate Diploma with at least three (3) years of relevant experience;
- A strong, analytical, planning, training and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, self-driven and team player;
- Fluent in both English and French Languages;
- Not convicted by the court of law for more than six months;
- Computer literacy;
- Being pro-active, creative, time-sensitive and team worker;
Required ability and professional competence
- He/ She must demonstrate high levels of creativity and innovation.
- He/she should have strong managerial and coordination skills to support with the management of the
institution and complex projects with many stakeholders
- He/ She should be dynamic and able to work under stressful conditions with no objection to working overtime
- He/ She should be self-motivated
- He/ She should be fluent in both English and French including writing.
- He/she should possess strong communication, public relations, and facilitation skills
Well, typed application composed of letter of application addressed to the Chairperson-Board of Directors/IRPV, updated CV, National ID and academic documents in the attachment will be submitted to IRPV Head Office latest 17:00 on November 20th, 2019. Kigali City, CHIC Building 2ndFloor, Office No F049.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate is expected to start immediately.
Done at Kigali, October 30th, 2019
The Chairperson/Board of Directors