Vacancy Title: Executive secretary
Jobs at: Rwanda Association of Professional Environmental Practitioners (RAPEP)
Duty station: Kigali, Rwanda
Date posted: on 20th August 2021, Base salary: Note disclosed, Employment type: Full-time
Rwanda Association of Professional Environmental Practitioners (RAPEiP) s an association of professionals working the field of environmental management in Rwanda. Based in Kigali, Rwanda, RAPEP was established in September 2016; by law no 36/2016 of 08/09/2016.
RAPEP’s work focuses on the better organization of environmental assessment work, member’s capacity development, advocacy, and provision of technical support to the government, UN agencies, and the business community
RAPEP is looking for a highly competent and experienced executive secretary, to support the implementation of its core mandate, manage existing programme portfolio and its planned expansion in line with the association’s strategy.
Eligible candidates should have a practical commitment to RAPEP’s partner organizations in the planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of programmers/ projects.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Overall coordination of day to day activities of the association;
- Contribute to the development and implement a strategy to meet members and societal needs through partner organizations with responsibility for project implementation;
- Managing a significant and dynamic budget in line with the association’s activity;
- Delivering on accountability and compliance commitment of the association;
- Supporting the collation of internal and external narrative and financial donor reports and the management of related staff in the team;
- Event planning and logistics;
- Any other task as deemed necessary by the leadership of the association.
Qualification & Education requirements Education:
- At least a university degree in a relevant fields of business administration and management;
- Proven experience in project management (including needs assessments, proposal development experience, monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning) and people management are a prerequisite.
Required Skills and competencies:
- Have experience in managing professional associations and programmer/ project design and management;
- Ability to communicate effectively and patiently;
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative;
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team and transfer knowledge to colleagues;
- Ability to work under pressure and provide the required support;
- Ability to deal with office politics and confidentiality;
- Ability to manage time.
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. French would be beneficial.
Note: The candidate must also be able to travel domestically for work, with remote supervision to tight timeframes.
Job Application procedure
All interested and qualified candidates shall send their applications including an application letter and curriculum vitae in English via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “Executive secretary” as the subject of your email.
Deadline for submission of applications: 23rd September 2021
Chairman of RAPEP