Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description – Experience Expert
1. POSITION DETAILS
▪ Position: Experience Expert
▪ Level: Colleague
▪ Department: Experience Department
▪ Reports to: Experience Manager
▪ Subordinates: None
2. JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
Organize, arrange and follow through personalized tours and itineraries, field activities and services for the guests of One&Only Nyungwe House, through direct or indirect co-ordination with other departments and external/governmental excursion providers. Being responsible for accurate and timely information delivery to guests with regards to history, cultural heritage as well as natural particularities of the property and destination. Additionally, responsible for daily activities, in line with One&Only Nyungwe House services and functionalities. When necessary and appropriate accompanying guests on arranged excursions and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for finding the best quality, high-end providers and activities in the area.
• Ensure that allocated guests receive the activities, tours and excursions in an informed, timely and professional manner, while respecting the policies, procedures and systems of One&Only Nyungwe House. This is to be carried out by maintaining personal contact with the guest, and providing continuity to the guests’ interactions with the other departments of the One&Only Nyungwe House.
• Arrange on and off-site activities, tours/transfers and special requests of guests ensuring maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their visit.
• Be responsible for a particular zone of the resorts’ reserve area, with regards to ecological maintenance, security and monitoring, and to ensure its’ sound development as part of an integrated environmental policy for the property.
• Report on any maintenance needs to relevant Department/s. • Maintain an updated deep and comprehensive knowledge of the resort’s services, its function and offerings. Actively enquire and recommend services and activities to guests and visitors, ensuring that they are kept informed of the full range of options available to them.
• As directed, carry out property conservation and land care works that include but are not limited to the maintenance of decks, shelters, tracks and trails, slashing and mowing, maintenance of fences, planting and maintaining flora, and the removal of deceased wildlife from the property. • Report to your assigned working area according to the scheduled roster, correctly groomed and in a condition to perform assigned duties.
• Take a proactive approach to ensuring the guests experience is memorable by participating in guest activities, as required, within the scope of responsibilities.
• Respond to emergency situations based on property’s emergency procedures and ensure that in these situations the safety of the people and the protection of company equipment is adequately. It is your responsibility to know what these are at all times.
• Adheres to all resort policies, procedures and standards laid out by One&Only Resorts.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
Knowledge & Skills
• Any of the following specialized areas of interest, ability or training would be relevant: - Knowledge of African and Rwandan flora and fauna, natural history, history and culture. - Natural Sciences. - Professional guiding with Knowledge of Yoga exercises - 4WD competency would be an advantage.
• Medium- rigid heavy vehicle driver license or willingness to acquire.
• Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
3. CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
Blow Away the Customer
▪ I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
▪ I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
▪ I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
▪ I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
▪ I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
▪ I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
▪ I am honest and fair
▪ I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
▪ I present a professional image according to established standards
▪ I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
▪ I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
▪ I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
▪ I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
▪ I report for work in my department on time daily
Response to Supervision
▪ I demonstrate respect for my leaders
▪ I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment