Expression of Interest for works on Integrated Water Resources Management in Nyabihu and Rubavu District, Rwanda
1. About the Project
Water4Virungas (W4V) is a project funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Rwanda for a period of 3 years, starting in January 2018. It is part of the framework of the Greater Virunga Transboundary Collaboration, a collaborative initiative between Rwanda, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo to promote cross-border collaboration between actors working in the Greater Virunga Landscape.
Water4Virungas operates in the districts of Burera, Musanze, Nyabihu and Rubavu in the Sectors at the buffer zone of the Volcanoes National Park.
The project is being implemented by a consortium of MDF (Lead Partner), the International Gorilla Conservation Program (IGCP), the Engineering Company of Witteveen+Bos and Wageningen University and Research.
W4V aims to transform conflicts in the area of intervention through improved Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
The company MDF Rwanda Ltd, being the implementing company of W4V, will contract IWRM works.
2. Scope of the work
Interested contractors, local Non-Government Organisations or local cooperatives are called to submit their application to implement Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) interventions in areas below:
- Construction of rainwater harvesting systems (tanks)
- Planting agroforestry trees, Setaria, and bamboos along gullies and in farmlands
- Construction of water storage ponds/check dams in farmlands, gullies, and along roads
- Construction and rehabilitation of trench and stonewall along the Volcanoes National Park
- Construction of culverts on water exits (downstream) from the park.
3. Tender submission requirements
- Parties wanting to express their interest must have at least 4 years of experience in (civil) engineering works in rural areas as a registered company or cooperative. The experience is proven by the (RDB) registration, RGB registration and the Work Completion Certificates of similar works.
- Parties should indicate the equipment they own as well as the CV’s of permanent staff.
- Parties applying in the field of planting agroforestry trees, Setaria and bamboos along gullies and in farmlands must have a background in agroforestry or related field.
- Parties should prove they are VAT registered and their tax payments are up-to-date, for private companies.
- Parties building houses and buildings only will not be considered.
- Experiences in the indicated Districts is an added value.
4. Submission of Application
Participation in the competition is open on equal terms to all parties for this call for Expressions of Interest.
Interested parties are requested to submit:
i. A detailed CV of the Company Managing Director/ Chairman of the Cooperative, local NGO Representative, degree certificates of at least 2 technicians who have related education and experience background,
ii. Signed and stamped Work Completion Certificate(s) of relevant works provided by previous clients,
iii. Company registration certificate provided by Rwanda Development Board, or RGB registration certificate
iv. Valid VAT certificate for private companies,
v. List of relevant equipment the company owns.
The application must be submitted by hand in a sealed envelope to:
W4V / MDF Rwanda Ltd office, Finance Administration Office desk,
Located at Avenue de la Cooperation, Seventh Day Adventist Church North Rwanda Conference Building, 2nd Floor, North wing, Musanze, Rwanda, before September 23, 2019, 16:00. Alternatively, applications can be sent electronically to W4V@MDF.NL before the same time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be considered for the next step of tender bidding.
5. Conditions of Tender
Successful shortlisted contractors will be given tender documents afterward to be able to submit their quotations for works to be executed in the indicated Districts.
For any inquiry, please call Mr. Vincent Habumugisha, IWRM Officer of W4V at tel. 0783160058.
Done at Musanze on September 10, 2019
Project Coordinator Water4Virungas.