Job Title: Farm Operations Manager
Location: Nyamasheke District, Rwanda
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Operations Director
Start date: January 2023
About Kivu Choice:
Kivu Choice is the sister company to Victory Farms, the largest aquaculture platform in East Africa, based in Kenya. We are a vertically integrated Aquaculture company based in Rwanda with associated feed mill, hatchery, cage production, distribution, and sales operations. With our innovative business model, we are currently the fastest scaling Tilapia fish farm in Africa and the largest fish farm in Rwanda. Over the next 5 years our plan is to scale to become the largest and most sustainable protein producer in Africa, producing and distributing 20,000 tons of fish per year across Rwanda, DRC, and Burundi.
About the Role
We are looking for a high impact and experienced manager of commercial farming operations. He/she will also oversee management of the teams responsible for, among other things, farm administration, warehousing and storage, logistics and fish processing.
What you will do:
- Supervise and manage the farm operations workers, coach and train new joiners and carry out performance evaluations monthly.
- Plan and execute the stock for materials needed for the smooth operations of the fish production and construction teams.
- Coordinate all the admin and operational needs for the farm team.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of farm equipment and infrastructure.
- Manage the farm boat and vehicle fleet as well as scheduling for the fleet.
- Ensure proper usage and stocking of fuel.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 + years of experience in farm operations management or other relevant experience.
- A holder of Master’s Degree in Management, Logistics or Supply Management.
- Significant experience in managing large teams.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Able to design and execute complex SOPs.
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda, French is a plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a high impact mission, high growth company, and enjoyable work environment.
- Competitive salary based on level of experience and position fit.
- Annual bonus tied to individual, department, and company performance.
- Health Insurance, best available in Rwanda.
- Paid annual leave of absence.
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com not later than 17th December 2023.