Applications are invited from suitably qualified individual who must be a citizen of Rwanda for the following job opportunity within Mulindi Factory Company Limited located in Gicumbi district.
Job Title: Farm Manager
Reporting to the Field Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for effective control and monitoring of tea plantation activities in order to achieve maximum productivity at minimum cost. The role is also responsible for the liaison with farmers and factory management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities;
- Preparing seedlings (tea and trees)/planting materials for the farm in a timely manner
- Ensure effective crop husbandry in the farm in order to maximize yield per unit area/bush
- Liaising with research institutions on experiments and trials of crops in the farm
- Ensure control and monitoring of green leaf logistics processes are running smoothly
- Ensure compliance to the relevant statutory, legal and other requirements as may be required from time to time
- Maintaining accurate records, preparing and presenting reports as required
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of farm inputs
- Ensuring prudent procuring procedures for goods and services are followed
- Maintaining the drainage canals within the farm
- Inspecting the access roads within the farm and ensuring timely repairs are carried out.
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their development and training needs on a regular basis and coordinating the trainings.
- Preparation of budgets and control of farm costs
- Ensure effective communication of company policies and procedures to farmers and staff.
- Provide feedback as may be required from time to time to and from the farmers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
- At least five(5) years’ experience in the relevant field, 2 of which should be in farm management
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines under minimum supervision
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Ability to multi task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are ready to take the opportunity to work at this position and you fulfill the above requirements, please apply in English attaching your C.V, copies of your certificates and contacts via email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach by 27th August 2018