Bella flowers Ltd is a private company registered in Rwanda under code company 103449745 on 20th October2014 and the government of Rwanda/MINAGR/NAEB owns 100% of its shares. It owns a land of 40Ha in Gishari Rwamagana District, and Eastern Province on which Flowers is being undertaken.
The company is seeking to recruit highly-skilled, self-motivated, and experienced persons to fill the following positions/posts:
- FARM MANAGER (1)
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, The Fam Manager will coordinate the overall managerial responsibilities of the farm operations.
- Undertake and coordinate flower production activities at Gishali Flower Park for 45 Ha.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the farm for flower production.
- Daily review of short term and long-term production schedule requirements.
- Develop plans to accomplish the daily production schedule.
- Supervise the production team to make sure that the company’s high-quality standards are being maintained.
- Maintain and improve crop plan, sowing schedules, seed orders, and inventory.
- Management of cut stage, transportation, and handling of the flowers to ensure good quality.
- Monitor pest and disease and take prompt control measures.
- Advise Bella Flowers Management on varieties to be planted.
- Prepare farm production budget and other finance reports
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Follow the company sales and production planning standards and ensure that the company achieves the standards for performance as outlined in the business plan.
- Ensure Bella Flowers respects the Quality of its products.
- Develop and carry out training programs for production staff to permit Bella Flowers achieving its objectives.
- Any other output as required by the management of Bella Flowers Ltd.
- Carry out a research and development program to make Bella Flowers Ltd. competitive.
b) JOB SPECIFICATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Floriculture, Horticulture, Agronomy, and/or Agriculture Sciences.
- 5 years of experience in the Flower Industry as Farm Manager or other high senior position is required.
- Experience in greenhouse production, and integrated pest management.
- Able to handle various administrative and human resource tasks.
- Management experience would be added advantage
- Knowledge of propagation of plants is added advantage
Skills and abilities
- Ability to follow specified procedures
- Ability to communicate and Negotiation skills
- Track record of running a profitable business,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English with strong IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in record keeping and data analysis
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Qualified Candidates should submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work experience, copy of academic documents, transcript and copy of National Identification to Bella flowers Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting the application is on 31st July 2020 at 5:00 pm local Time.
Application should be addressed to The Chief Executive Officer of Bella Flowers Ltd