Job description for the Finance Manager
Zuri is the leading Luxury Hair & Beauty company in Central Africa with operations and Hairbars across Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, and Congo. Zuri’s vision is to Unlock Black Women Potential by building a global platform and brand to bring together leading products, expertise, technology and a community of passionate customers that will enable black women around the world to feel and look their best in all circumstances. Zuri has raised some funding to scale its geographical footprint across Africa and increase it’s product range. We are looking for a Finance Manager reporting directly to Zuri’s founder and CEO in Kigali to support Zuri’s pan-African growth in the coming years. The ideal candidate should have at least three years of experience in an accounting position, be self-driven and ambitious, ready to travel and work in a fast pace environment and be fluent in English and ideally French.
Scope of work:
- Responsible for producing the management accounts for the group on a monthly basis: BS, P&L, and Cashflow statements.
- Build operating dashboards for our managers across the business and lead the budgeting process to ensure we bring accountability across the business and operate at the right level of professionalism.
- Ensure local filling is done properly by local accountants across our entities.
- Manage audits across our different entities.
- Responsible for all the Hairbar management systems and the integration with the accounting platform. Carrying out regular audits, training, and improvements to improve the quality of our operations and data as we scale the distribution network.
- Coordinate legal work with our lawyers across our different entities to make sure we adhere to all the required local regulations and have an update data room for our investors and shareholders.
- Support with some HR functions.
Our requirements are that the person must hold a CPA or be in the final stages of accreditation and have at least 3 years of professional experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV and cover letter) before Wednesday 26th January 2022 using the "Apply for this job" button below.