Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Finance and Administration Officer, Rwanda
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 14th May 2021, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Length of Commitment: 1-year renewable
- Desired start date: 01st June 2021
- Reports to: Finance and Human Resource Manager
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects.
IPA seeks a Finance and Administration Officer
Financial-Banking, cashflow management and disbursements
- Assist the Finance and HR Manager to maintain banking relations and plan and monitor project cash flow requirements, preparing monthly and quarterly projections for submission of funding requests to HQ on a timely basis to ensure the smooth implementation of IPA programs.
- Prepare online and cheque payments in and accurate and timely manner
- Ensure any deposits are made promptly into bank account.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager with the timely and accurate preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements for all IPA Rwanda bank and petty cash accounts.
Payroll and Taxes
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to ensure staff are paid and pay slips are issued promptly at the end of each month in accordance with IPA and statutory obligations.
- Support to the Finance and HR Manager to ensure all statutory obligations are made and returns submitted in accordance with required timetable. Ensure local filings for TCN and expatriate payroll staff are kept up to date and reconciled with HQ as required.
- Track supplier invoices and record them as account payables into NetSuite
- Prepare the payment vouchers and General journals and enter them into NetSuite
- Proceed with monthly bank reconciliation and print their reports
- Support the Finance and HR Manager for preparation, filing and secure maintenance of proper accounting and Financial records and ensuring highest ethical standards and confidentiality always respected and maintained.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to ensure adoption of and adherence to new procedures as rolled out by IPA HQ.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to conduct monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to maintain type 2 standard costs and review variances
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to develop monthly financial reports within NetSuite to support local Management, PI and project reporting and donor reports as required.
- Support the finance and HR Manager to prepare local statutory reports and ensure filing in timely manner after coordinating review with HQ.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to prepare reports for Country Director as required.
- Support IPA’s global audit and support the Finance and HR Manager to manage local statutory audits and project audits as required.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager to ensure budgets, operational and project, are loaded into Netsuite in accordance with global procedures.
- Prepare staff employment contract for review and signature
- Ensure the proper filling of financial documents an HR documents
- Assist Finance and HR Manager in conducting inventories
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be authorized to work in Rwanda
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance required
- CPA or ACCA level 2 preferred
- At least 2 + years of progressive finance experience
- Experience working for an international nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting procedures and processes
- Basic understanding of financial and tax regulations in Rwanda
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Good listening skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information, good planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- High degree of professionalism.
How to Apply:
PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER, BY FILLING OUT THIS LINK:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON MAY 14th, 2021. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.