Are you interested in joining an Organisation with a long-term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment and develop an international career focused on demonstrating shared core values that achieve results?
SNV Rwanda is looking for a:
Finance and Operations Manager
To be based in Kigali
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands more than 50 years ago, SNV has built a long-term, local presence in many countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV’s global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV Rwanda has opened a Finance and Operations Manager position shared between Mott MacDonald’s company office (Mott MacDonald Rwanda Ltd) and one of its project office’s (Water for Growth http://www.water.rw/) in Rwanda. The Finance and Operations Manager will support to deliver their on-going duties and effectively complete their contract with the Embassy of the Netherlands in Rwanda.
Responsibilities of Finance and Operations Manager
The suitable candidate will be required to carry out the following tasks:
Project Finances and Operations
- Advise and assist the Director / Team Leader with office and vehicle logistics (servicing, printing etc.) at both the company and project offices. This will entail, among other things:
- obtaining a range of competitive quotations, determining best supplier based on cost and quality and arranging the purchase of office equipment and services
- management of the existing fleet of five vehicles and ensuring that they are fuelled, serviced and allocated for duties appropriately and that use of fuel, distances driven etc. are all clearly recorded, regularly analysed and assessed and then reported on
- Assist the Director / Team Leader to manage reimbursable expenditure, including:
- preparing monthly forecasts of expenditure
- recording and accounting for expenditure against budget
- monitoring expenditure against budget
- determining amounts available per budget lines per month and that these are adhered to
- Assist the Director / Team Leader with:
- managing and regularly setting targets and objectives for, as well as appraising, project and office support staff
- Managing daily office operations – vehicle movements, fuelling, print runs, DSA payments etc.
- organising the formatting, production and printing of project reports
- assisting project teams as and when necessary to complete client facing work
Supervise the transactional processing (accounts payable, cash payments and payroll (where applicable) and ensure there is well defined segregation of duties and appropriate financial controls in place. Approve (or assist in the approval of) all programme financial transactions, ensuring each transaction is adequately supported and executed in compliance with donor requirements and is appropriately and securely filed.
As the successful candidate you will have the following relevant qualifications:
- Qualified as a Chartered Account, ACCA preferable, with 5 years+ relevant experience
- At least a Bachelor’s of Commerce degree or similar
- Previous experience in preparation of Financial Statements as per IFRS, and monthly tax preparation and returns filing.
- Experience with an ERP (SAP, Oracle, Lawson, Deltek) would be necessary
- Experience in managing donor funded projects/programmes would be essential
- Fully computer literate, proficient in use of Microsoft Word, particularly in formatting of reports, and in the competent and effective use of Excel for budgets, calculations etc. as well as an Accountancy package.
Work Pattern (Full Time or Part Time)
Duration of Contract
As soon as Possible
How to apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to directly submit your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to the Country Director of SNV Rwanda by following the link below:
Deadline: Monday, June 25th, 2018.
Please send your application letter and CV with position title as subject.
Providing up to three referees will be an advantage as you apply.
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted