FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda would like to recruit a Finance Manager who will report directly to the Executive Director and will be based in Kigali.
Position title: Finance Manager
Program: USAID Twiyubake
Reports to: Executive Director
Number of position: 1
Job location: Kigali-Rwanda
Period: One-year renewable contract with 3 months’ probation period
The FinanceManager will be based in Kigali and will provide overall financial, accounting and administrative oversight and management for the organization. The Finance Manager will be responsible for financial reporting of USAID Twiyubake Program and will ensure full compliance with FXB policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget, tracking the project expenditures and projections;
- Prepare the organization’s annual budget for approval by the board of directors and FXB International in consultation with senior management team;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as may be required by various donors within the stipulated deadlines;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and present them to the board of directors;
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain the accounting system of the organization;
- Manage and review the payroll and accountabilities from field activities in accordance with the organization’s finance and accounting policies and procedures and USAID’s rules and regulations;
- Verify whether all the support documents are accurate, complete and have followed the laid down procedures;
- Check compliance with procurement procedures;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and other donor requirements;
- Review monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Provide technical support to district offices to ensure smooth financial management of field offices and program activities;
- Train and Supervise the work of accountants and finance staff;
- Participate in meetings and other events organized by donors and other stakeholders related to finance;
- Prepare the annual financial statements for audit and manage project audits and provide the required information during the audit;
- Prepare requests for VAT reimbursements and ensure that they are submitted on time;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, professional qualification highly desirable
- At least five (5) years’ experience in administrative and finance management of donor funded projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Fluency in US Government policies and procedures in regard to financial reporting, procurement processes and systems
- Demonstrable financial management experience on USAID cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedures, and reporting requirements and experience managing USAID-funded grants programs
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software desirable.
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director to the following address: FXB Rwanda Coordination Office, Bridge1 House, KN 7 RD, Avenue Poids Lourds , Muhima-Kigali opposite to Hyundai.
The applications include motivation letter, CVs and well completed FXB application form must be submitted not later Monday, November 19th, at 17h00. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
The application form can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf