Vacancy - Finance Manager & Deputy Corporate Services Manager B3 (03/18 KG)
Main purpose of job:
Run the accounting function of the UK’s presence in Rwanda and Burundi, and Deputise for the Corporate Services Manager to ensure effective Corporate Service provision. You will therefore play an important role in the management of UK’s activity in Rwanda and Burundi.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Take sole responsibility for the day to day operation, and long term planning of UK Government finances in Rwanda and Burundi. As a qualified accountant, you will be expected to ensure the highest fiduciary standards.
- Monthly budget forecast and quarterly budget amendments into Hyperion
- Ensure Kigali Net Profit Account is prepared on time and all accounts reconcile
- Assist our Liaison office in Bujumbura with any query related to accounting and Net Project Accounting (NPA).
- Monitor Post FPCIs score to ensure score are kept in green
- Lead the Mid Term Financial Planning (MTFP) exercise that is done once a year
- Run the accounts in USD; RWF and Burundi Francs and ensure all single payments of less than £1.5k are paid by GPC or CCC
- Work with our Global Processing Transaction Centre (GTPC) in Manila on any issue on dashboard such as Invoice on hold, Accruals, Open POs etc.
- Hold monthly Budget Holders meetings to discuss budgets and whether budget holders are on track to reach a full forecasted outturn
- Ensure VAT claims are done and VAT reconciliation into GL is done on monthly basis
- Quality check of Payroll before it is uploaded for processing staff salaries
- Line Manage staff in your section according to FCO Good Line Manager Charter
- Provide Local support during pay review processes, including monitoring of compliance with global minimum standards
- Assist in preparing business cases for budget uplifts
Internal controls and procurement
- Responsible for checking supplier set up forms; suppliers invoices, payment batched before they are uploaded into the system
- Suggest any new system that will help to safeguard FCO resources
- Check fixed asset register on OBIEE regularly to ensure that new assets are included
- Complete the tax reconciliation tool on a monthly basis by following internal financial guidelines
Deputise for the Corporate Services Manager and as necessary, taking responsibility to ensure the Transport, Security, IT and Estates teams are performing to agreed standards.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
2x A2(L) Finance Officer / Deputy Accountant and Procurement Officer
Approx GPB 1.9M budget per year
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or any related field
- 5 years experience as a Finance Manager or qualified Accountant from an International Organisation
- Very good experience in Budgeting and budget monitoring
- Very good knowledge and practical use of computer office applications and good knowledge of application of MS-Word, MS-Advanced Excel, MS-PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize and present data to SMT in an concise format
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, regulations and rules, analyze and compile to ensure
- Strong analytical skills
- Line Management experience
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience with a diplomatic mission or UN agency
Leading and Communicating, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline 28 June 2018
Grade B3 (L)
Type of Position Permanent
Location (City) Kigali
Type of Post British High Commission
Number of vacancies 1
Starting gross monthly salary RWF 1,325,015
Start Date 1 August 2018
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Normal hours are 0800-1700 Monday to Thursday; 0800-1200 on Friday, and out of hours responses to emergencies as necessary. We encourage applications for flexible working.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
There is ample opportunity to develop with FCO/Civil Service courses that offer world-class training in corporate service provision. We have a generous training budget and we encourage staff to identify training to improve their performance and aid their career progression, in consultation with their line-manager. Previous staff have studied for professional and university-based qualifications, and conducted training in the region at in the UK.
Staff are entitled to 25 leave day per year
BHC pays 8.6% of staff statutory pension
To apply please visit: https://fco.tal.net/candidate/login