Call for Application for Corporate Trainings
Sharpen Skills Ltd is a Management improvement consultancy firm specialized in delivering trainings that target to enhance Human Resource Capacity for our Clients.
We exist to bridge the gap between the jobs opportunities and the skilled workforce.
Course Name: FINANCE FOR NON FINANCIAL PERSONNEL (FF 01)
SHARPEN SKILLS in Partnership with a UK based capacity building firm called International Training Institute for Skills Development, will be offering a wide range of short courses that are designed to continuously improve productivity in various Corporates, Banks, Governments, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Private Sector and other organizations across the African continent.
Our Partner ITISD is an Approved member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Chartered Institute for People and Development (CIPD). A member of PEASON.
Delegates who complete any of the above courses are awarded an Internationally recognized certificate from ITISD.
2.0 Course Overview
Employees without financial background experience difficulty coming to grips with the financial aspects of a business management having problems, and suspicions when communicating with finance and accounting people. Every staff member has a responsibility to cost and profit centres. This therefore means that they need to at least understand the basics of budgeting, expenditure control, including accounting for revenue. However, many a time it is difficult to manage costs if one does not understand exactly what are costs or revenue, how they behave, and their allocation and apportionment.
An understanding of the financial consequences of any managerial decision is vital and critical for sustainability. This programme is aimed at helping non-financial staff members get a better understanding of the effects and consequences wasteful expenditure
Delegates will be given the concept, financial management principles, tools to analyze cost behavior, and financial performance. They will participate in creating a financial planning, project proposals, gain the knowledge, comfort, and confidence needed to contribute to financial debate, creating value within the organization
3.0 Course Outcomes
- Upon completing this programme, the delegates should be able to:
- Identify financial management cycles and systems, understand individual roles, and value ineffective financial management
- Understand how to cut costs without compromising service quality
- Understand the funds management framework and legislation related to financial management
- Interpret financial statements and developing financial proposals or project plans
- Understand the principles of working capital management, interpret basic bookkeeping and accounting systems, and identify risk by managing the needs for the organisation
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective corporate governance and identify professional ethics
- Understand of the language of finance and, as a consequence, the ability to engage with financial professionals and appreciate underlying metrics
- Get an insight into the drivers and measurement of costs, acquire an understanding of key measures of financial performance, including ROE, ROA, and EVA
- Develop the ability to construct a financial plan and establish its financial feasibility
4.0 Target Audience
This programme is aimed at general staff members ranging from non-financial such as
- Human Resource Personnel,
- Project Managers
- Accountants & bookkeepers
- Business Owners
- Different Heads of departments.
The basis is that every staff member is directly or indirectly involved in organizational expenditure.
At the end of the training sessions, our trainees will be awarded with internationally recognized Certificates.
6.0 Duration of the Training
The Training will take 3 full days, effective from 5th to 7th March, 2021 (Friday to Sunday).
Applications will close on 4th March, 2021.
7.0 Training Venue
The Training sessions will take place at Sharpen Skills Offices located in Downtown building, 2nd Floor, F2 09, plot 1017, KN 55 st, Nyarugenge District, P.O Box 5533
We are offering a 10% discount to every person who will attend both Corporate Trainings (Strategic Management and Organizational Development (SM01) & Finance for non-Financial Personnel (FF 01)).
Reach us on Tel: +250785774530 or 0788309465 to book your seat.
You can also send an e-mail at email@example.com
At Sharpen Skills Ltd, we believe in skills that we empower with our trainees and clients for their personal and organizational development.