POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER
- Prepare and present monthly financial performance accounts and reports.
- Preparation of daily and weekly central bank or other statutory required reports.
- Prepare and consolidate departmental budgets using provided background information;
- Remit statutory dues and file returns within specified deadlines
- GL maintenance and control
- Processing payments to suppliers.
- Preparation of monthly tax returns for review.
- Customer MIS reviews.
- Improvement and rationalization of payment procedures.
- Management of debtors and creditors ledger.
- Compiling of tax returns (specifically with-holding tax and VAT returns).
- Dealing with adhoc requests from external bodies compiling various bank statistics.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to financial accounting.
- Implementing procedures, processes and audit recommendations relating to Finance.
- Monitoring SLA with respective departments.
- Monitoring reconciliations and disposition of reconciling items.
- Validate supplier invoices upon receipt by confirming receipt of goods or services according to CBA’s LPO’s and/or contract.
- Confirm or coordinate payment authorisations as per financial controls.
- Deduct with-holding tax and with-hold VAT as appropriate and forward for counter checking and approval. Approval is after satisfactory evaluation.
- Prepare cheques, carefully hologram and emboss the cheque and present for counter checking and signature to supervisor (2 signatures).
- Call suppliers for their cheques and issue them.
- Process accounting of supplier invoices and maintain payment records
- Prepare accounting journal entries to ensure appropriate accounts are debited and credited as per chart of accounts and relevant accounting policies.
- Post the original journal to system and record cheque in the register.
- Filing of the paid documents.
- Performance of value for money analysis as and when requested
- Knowledge and experience in modern financial accounting practices to initiate and implement tactical changes to support business performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and/or guide performance of financial accounting activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Planning and organizing skills for effective planning and scheduling of own tasks to meet business requirements.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern financial accounting practices to implement operational changes to support business performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform the office & supplier payment administration activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Performance Management to optimize own productivity.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- University degree in preferably BBA, B.Com, B. Statistics.
- Relevant Accounting Knowledge (ACCA level 2 or equivalent).
- At least three years’ experience in Finance and Administration in a bank or financial services organization.
- Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications, SAP, Oracle or integrated reporting systems
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of taxation laws.
CBA has a proud heritage as one of East Africa's leading financial institutions and has for the past 50 years set the standard for personalized service and customer relation excellence. We attribute our success to the way in which we grow and nurture our talent. By aligning our values of elegance, prestige, comfort and confidence with an ethos of high performance and distinction, our brand promise is realised for both our customers and employees, giving them the opportunity to "get more out of life," If you believe that excellence is not an act, but a habit, then send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd May 2019.