POSITION: FINANCE PLANNING & TAX MANAGER
To support the execution of finance, strategy, and administration department objectives with a specific focus on:
- Strong financial management
- Administrative support to enable the bank’s back-office processes and operations to run effectively.
- Effectively manage the compliance and planning aspects of the finance department. This includes external compliance mainly tax planning and BNR compliance as well as internal compliance namely compliance with strategic goals, internal and external audit finding.
- Customization of policies, procedures, and controls to safeguard the Bank’s business and assets.
- Contribute to the development and management of a Business Continuity Plan and Data Security Plan for the Bank in order to guarantee the continuation of services at all times.
- Produce accurate financial reports in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Undertake financial evaluation of all Bank and Group projects and follow up to ensure implementation within agreed timescale and budgets
- Projects post-implementation analysis and reporting
- Undertake Budgeting, Planning, and collation of information for review of the Bank and Group’s Strategy.
- Undertake efficient taxation management of the Bank financial operations.
- Change management and exhibit above baseline on Core behaviors and leadership behaviors outlined.
- Performance Management to optimize own and team's productivity
- Knowledge and experience in modern financial management and accounting practices in the financial services industry to provide visionary guidance on strategic changes to support business performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and/or guide the performance of Finance & Administration activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high-quality standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Business partner to provide insights of competitive drivers, market trends and the business environment as a whole.
- Self-empowerment communication, teamwork, and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- A university degree in business or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualifications in accounting CPA or ACCA Advanced level
- Five years’ experience post attainment of the professional qualification
- Experience in banking, other financial institutions or audit firm would be added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications, SAP, Oracle or another integrated reporting system
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of taxation laws and BNR guidelines.
CBA has a proud heritage as one of East Africa's leading financial institutions and has for the past 50 years set the standard for personalized service and customer relation excellence. We attribute our success to the way in which we grow and nurture our talent. By aligning our values of elegance, prestige, comfort and confidence with an ethos of high performance and distinction, our brand promise is realised for both our customers and employees, giving them the opportunity to "get more out of life," If you believe that excellence is not an act, but a habit, then send your application letter and CV to email@example.com by 2nd May 2019.