RECRUITING A FINANCIAL TECHNICAL ADVISOR
Never Again Rwanda (NAR) is a peace-building and social justice organization that arose in response to the 1994 genocide perpetrated against Tutsis. Guided by a vision of a nation where citizens are agents of positive change and work together towards sustainable peace and development, NAR aims to empower Rwandans with opportunities to become active citizens through Peacebuilding and development. NAR has five core programs: Peacebuilding, Governance & Human Rights, Research, Youth Engagement, and Strategic partnerships.
NAR has widened its team with many offices operational in different districts. Equally, NAR is planning to work with community-based organizations, and beneficiaries.
It is upon this background that NAR is looking for someone with a good technical background, strong analytical skills, strong collaborator and communicator, an endless drive for improvement, a solutions-oriented mindset, an ability to deliver high-quality financial management advisory services on tight deadlines, and the flexibility to adapt to quickly changing needs while being highly detail-oriented. This will not be an individual contributor role, so we’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team and to bring diverse perspectives and knowledge to our organization.
Location: Kigali Duration: 24 Days across 3 Months
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and improvement of Never Agarin’s financial and HR policies.
- Support and train the NAR finance team with the latest finance tools and systems
- Develop a roadmap to implement rigorous processes to professionalize further and digitalized operations.
- Work with the Management to upgrade the finance infrastructure as the organization grows; recommend the infrastructure requirements at both the Head office and District offices.
- Provide Never Again Staff with capacity-building training and support so that they can manage grants effectively and in compliance with the signed contracts.
What you should have:
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- At least 10 years experience in managing budgets in an International non-profit Organization
- Significant knowledge of donor funding rules and regulations (USAID, EU, SIDA, DFID)
- Demonstrated ability to set up an effective grant management system and reporting framework
- Experience in financial management, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Proven experience in using and implementing accounting software like Dynamics and QuickBooks.
- At least 10 years ‘experience of working with partner organizations in relation to grants management and financial capacity building
- Strong excel, data analysis, and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English, and French
* Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted
The documents must be sent electronically via email to:email@example.com by October, 17th 2021