Front Desk Administrative Assistant
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Butao Administrative Coordinator
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
This position is responsible for providing administrative services to faculty members, staff members, students, and University visitors by disseminating relevant information as well as providing directions.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients at the central service department on a daily basis to ensure clients, staff and students are attended to in an orderly fashion;
- Provide support in office space management through rearranging and designating staffs to ensure proper utilization of the space;
- Maintain an electronic and hard copy filing system, including recording outgoing and incoming courier and invoices as well as ensuring regular checking of UGHE Mail Box for other incoming couriers in liaison with Kigali Front Desk Administrative Assistant.
- Triaging incoming requests, queries, phone calls, and invitations;
- Support in the requisition of office supplies and despatch of the same to various office.
- Maintain complete and accurate front desk logs, including daily interaction forms detailing all the issues and feedback given;
- Provide program and event assistance by answering questions and guiding participants to the appropriate location;
- Acts as customer care advisors of the University by feedback and suggestions with appropriate justification when necessary to visitors, students and staff members;
- Support in booking meeting rooms and allocation office space in liaison with Administration and Campus Operations teams; and,
- Support in resolving any administrative problems and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in providing administrative services;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in education, communications, business management, or related field from a recognised institution
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Intermediate experience in processing financial transactions.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients;
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment;
- Passion for social justice and desire to contribute to global health education;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and organizations; and,
- Fast learner of the institutions programs and offering.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field, (4) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (5) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications.
Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.