Front-end Developer (Kigali)
You’ll be part of our Front-end team, where we use coding to turn designs into engaging user interfaces for our trading platforms.
As a Front-end Developer at Deriv.com, you will be in charge of our application development with a strong focus on improving the user experience. Your clean, maintainable code makes it easy for back-end developers and designers to work seamlessly with you. By building responsive and scalable front-end systems that support complex user-facing software, you’ll bring our products and features to life.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain advanced features, tools, and applications according to best practices in front-end development, UI/UX, and responsive web application development.
- Test and debug our evolving product line to improve speed, scalability, and usability across browsers, devices, and web standards.
- Ensure the design and development of each product is consistent with our style guide.
- Research new web technologies and make recommendations on opportunities to improve our user interface.
What you have
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Experience in responsive web design
- Experience with package managers (npm), task runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt), CSS processors (Sass, Stylus), and APIs (WebSocket)
- Extensive knowledge in advanced coding techniques and cross-platform development
- Familiarity with testing and debugging processes, including unit testing and UI testing
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
What’s good to have
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Good grasp of user experience and user interface design
- Familiarity with search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Knowledge of back-end technologies
What we’ll give you
- Growth-inducing challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Casual dress code
Kigali Heights, Rwanda
How to Apply
Please submit your updated CV/Resume by clicking on the apply button below not later than 13 December 2020.