POST TITLE :Gender & Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS :20 January 2022
DUTY STATION: Kigali, Rwanda
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Open Ended
START DATE: As soon as possible
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE :6 January 2022
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all, and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy. Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning, and governance.
NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Gender & MEL Manager. The is a new position and will be part of the senior management team and be responsible for strengthening the Country Programme’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning system both internally and among our Partners while also ensuring Gender sensitivity and mainstreaming is achieved in all NPA’s Programming. The position will directly line manage 1 member of staff and report to the Programme Manager.
The main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position will include the following:
- Develop and oversee implementation of the NPA gender policy both at the programme and partners level, including expanding the capacity for gender analysis and designing gender-sensitive policies and programmes.
- Ensure proper gender integration into the activity’s work plan, activities, and MEL the impact of the project’s work on gender equality and mainstreaming.
- Develop activities as part of the annual work planning process under each of the project’s program areas that address gender issues while ensuring that all work plan activities are gender-sensitive or transformative.
- Implementation of an adaptive management style, which will allow the assessment of programme performance and impact on a regular basis and with lessons learned help to improve the Programme’s overall performance.
- Provide vision, leadership, and guidance while taking initiative to ensure quality analysis and evaluation of potential risks and impact of the programme, and advise the management on adaptive solutions.
- Develop a system to capture and disseminate knowledge and lessons learned within the project and among project partners.
- Develop and lead capacity-building activities for the program team and partners to ensure consistent learning and adaptation.
- Produce high-quality, comprehensive, and accurate material for donors.
- Facilitate the adoption of relevant monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and learning tools and methodologies to enhance M&E practice and quality
Interested applicants should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competences mentioned above as well as an up to date CV to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.