WAKA is currently looking for a General Manager to plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day operations its fitness facility in Kimihurura, co-work- ing/fitness facility in downtown Kigali, and potentially, a third location in Kigali. As WAKA is growth oriented company that plans to expand throughout the African continent and beyond, the GM would assist with our expansion plans outside of Rwanda.
The General Manager is responsible for taking care of our people (employees and clients) and ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. The GM would report directly to the founders of WAKA.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordination, Supervision and Delegation - Coordinate, manage and monitor the tasks and responsibilities of various departments in the organiza- tion, including supervising the WAKA pods, Assistant General Managers, Cleaning Manger and maintenance team. Serve as the liaison between the senior management and the WAKA team. Identify the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work.
- Financial - Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company. Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues. Pro- vide supervision and approval for accounting team with payment of expenses, invoices, and payrolls.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance. Build up the company by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of communications between departments, partners and outside service providers.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of customer-employee processes and procedures.
- Strategic Input - Overseeing execution of strategic goals of WAKA Fitness. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Imple- ment and manage operational plans. Assists with development of strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Leadership and Development - Provide and seek out continuing education opportunities build professional and technical knowledge. Communi- cate and embody the company vision and values.
Performance management - Hitting certain KPI targets including:
- Monthly revenue targets• Revenue per client
- Average class attendance • Client retention rate
- Profit margin
- Revenue per square foot
Education and Experience
- College degree in business administration, management, or any other related field
- 5-6 years of hospitality or service industry experience
- At least 2 years of management experience which included responsibility for leading and managing a team and projects
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their resume at email@example.com not later than 27/08/2018.