ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Impact Division supports all One Acre Fund programs to deepen and broaden our positive impact, wherever we work. We improve farmer livelihoods in the short-term, promote sustainable agricultural practices to ensure long-term profitability, and address the non-agricultural needs of rural households (energy, nutrition, etc) to improve quality of life.
The Impact Division comprises many functions including Research and Development teams based in-country, centralized technical experts, and company-wide Monitoring & Evaluation. The global teams provide support to country teams, and directly lead specific multi-country priorities, like crop insurance, agroforestry, behavioral studies, and nutrition.
About the role
The role of the Impact Analyst/Manager is to make the entire Impact Division a more efficient and powerful engine for improving farmer livelihoods. You'll: 1) improve knowledge flow and management across the Impact Division; 2) improve communications, internally and externally, to motivate people around all aspects of our impact; 3) lead strategic research or operational projects, and 4) increase the reach and effectiveness of Impact Division leadership.
This role will report to the Global Impact Director. Specific responsibilities include:
- Improve Impact Division Communication & Coordination:
- Help set and track progress against global and program-specific impact goals;
- Manage historical impact knowledge and ensure the quality of study results ;
- Set agendas and support participants for the monthly Working Group meetings to make them more effective ;
- Support field teams through needs assessment, dedicated support, or recommendations for resource allocation.
- Motivate people around our impact
- Increase the visibility of our impact work by partnering with our communications team to increase the frequency and quality of impact-related communications.
- Lead strategic research or projects. Specific projects will depend on the candidate’s background and interests, organizational priorities, a bandwidth of implicated teams, and timing, but might include:
- Innovation Research - Research opportunities for expansion areas or for radically new/improved services.
- Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) - refine our CSA strategy, and project manage implementation.
- Partnerships - Research or develop new partnerships that could unlock a greater impact.
- Increase reach of Impact leadership
- Support Impact Director to “win back” 20% of the time to focus on what’s most important.
- Represent division leadership, internally or externally.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund has a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for an impact-oriented professional with 3+ years of relevant work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- University degree in Agriculture or a related field (e.g. Ecology, Environmental Science). An advanced degree is a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication across a wide range of audiences - from non-technically-trained colleagues to external experts.
- Able to advise on trial or study design. Basic knowledge of R preferred.
- Experience building trust and understanding the motivations of different individuals and teams from diverse contexts in order to bring them together to collaborate.
- Leadership experience, whether at the outside of formal employment.
- Strong organization skills and ability to “keep the trains running on time”, while managing several diverse tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly and independently
- Enthusiasm for learning and an openness to feedback.
- English required. Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French a plus.
- Willingness to travel within the region is preferred
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Rubengera or Kigali, Rwanda
In line with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.