ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Junior Accountant oversees the accurate trial balance for 1AF's US entity. This includes managing the ERP database and overseeing the recording of all transaction types from the routine to the complex. The Accountant will also lead the processes that ensure that OAF financial results are accurate, valid, and complete following the organization’s finance procedures.
- Manage all accounting transactions for the fundraising and treasury entity
- Collect, analyze and summarize accounting information
- Manage monthly and weekly close books process; ensure all cash accounts reconcile
- Perform necessary balance sheet reconciliations following internal policies and work with dependent departments specifically for Grants and Loans.
- Coordinate with other country accountants to ensure accounting consistency and best practices, across all countries of operation.
- Support external and internal audits as required
- Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as requested by the Accounting Lead, or department head
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields
- 4+ years’ work experience in accounting
- Language: English (with Kinyarwanda and French a plus)
- 4+ years' experience with ERP systems (SAP Business One a plus)
- CPA considered an advantage
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date. [Likely to be used through the end of 2020]
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.