About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The supply chain coordinator will be a member of the Global Sourcing team responsible for effectively sourcing and delivering over $60M worth of inputs to One Acre Fund’s regional warehouses across 6 countries of operation. We are seeking an exceptional individual who is passionate about developing a flexible sourcing strategy, navigating a complex & evolving regulatory environment, and developing tight quality controls to guarantee inputs make it from supplier to One Acre Fund warehouse at the best possible price & quality. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to representing the voices of our clients at the top of the value chain, bringing them the same purchasing power, state of the art quality control mechanisms, and timely deliveries as a large scale agribusiness.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute and assist with various inputs procurement including procurement planning, cost setting, and forecasting, contracting and negotiation, quality assurance processes, certification, delivery, documentation and issue management.
- Responsible for supplier selection and bidding processes including the request for quotations, supplier selection, and end-to-end purchasing for assigned purchase requests
- Collaborate with the finance team and suppliers on a daily basis to resolve transaction issues and gather critical information for payments processing, tracking information on shipments/deliveries, etc.
- Identify and build new supplier relationships for new and existing products
- Coordinate and facilitate all certification and re-certification processes for both seed and fertilizer
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-3 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Agribusiness, Logistics, Management, Business Administration, Economics with an experience of at least 2-3 years of relevant experience on procurement/supply chain position,
- At least 1-2 years’ experience with donor-funded projects on the position of procurement/supply chain;
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Outstanding communications skills, including interpersonal communications and strong writing skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working collaboratively, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors;
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- High attention to detail and strong compliance to processes
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate and link with multidisciplinary experts.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback
- Support in other tasks relating to the supply chain as requested by your team or your Manager
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and execute new systems and processes as needed
- Alignment with One Acre Fund values and culture code
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda required. French fluency is an asset.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).