Tel: +250 790 008 829
TERMS OF REFERENCE | GRAPHIC DESIGNER
spruik /spruːk/ - verb - to promote or publicise.
Spruik is an environmental communications agency based in Rwanda. Founded in 2015, we offer strategic communications, public relations and marketing services to a diverse range of local and international clientele. While our main area of expertise is in the environment and green economy sector, we also engage in projects related to tourism, entrepreneurship, youth empowerment, and community development.
Our cherished motto “Do good work with good people” drives our culture of performance and client engagement. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity, honesty, excellence, efficiency, and commitment. Additionally, together, we strive to make a positive impact on the environment at work and in our day-to-day lives.
To better serve our growing clientele, we are recruiting a full-time Graphic Designer who will support our team to deliver top of the line services in regards to design, branding and animation production. Below are more details on this exciting opportunity.
Under supervision of the Manager, the employee will:
- Uphold the values of Spruik, champion Spruik’s Code of Conduct and contribute to an inclusive, safe, friendly and harmonious work environment.
- Create eye-catching designs for various marketing collateral including social media posts, banners, flyers, brochures, and presentations.
- Develop visually appealing branding elements such as logos, icons, and typography that align with clients' brand identities.
- Collaborate with the creative team to conceptualise and execute design concepts that effectively communicate client messages and goals.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to brand guidelines across all design projects.
- Provide support in producing engaging video animations and motion graphics for promotional/educational videos and advertisements.
- Communicate effectively with clients to understand their design and animation needs, offering creative solutions and addressing feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines to deliver exceptional results within budget constraints.
- Attend meetings with clients and participate in Spruik’s training and professional development opportunities.
- Other tasks as agreed between the Employer and Employee within the scope of the role.
Skills and Attitudes
The employee should demonstrate the following:
- Strong sense of values that align with Spruik’s values and principles
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Critical thinking and a sense of accountability
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A collaborative attitude as well as a motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communications skills through various platforms (phone, social media, emails, etc.)
- An understanding of the use of Google Workspace and other tools (Slack, Trello, etc.)
- Attention to detail and a proactive attitude
- Self-disciplined and well-mannered
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to the company’s vision and values
Qualifications and Experience
The Graphic Designer should ideally have:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia studies, or communications related fields.
- Two to three years of previous experience in graphic design and branding with a strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of design projects.
- Proficiency in design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Canva, etc.).
- Experience with print design, preparing files for print, and working with printers.
- Experience in working within/with a creative agency and/or managing client relationships.
- Experience in using software for motion graphics would add more value to your profile.
- Experience working on international projects will be an added advantage
In addition to the above-mentioned skills, the candidate should have a good command of English and Kinyarwanda with proven skills of writing and speaking both languages proficiently. The employee is required to possess personal equipment and software to perform their duties such as a computer among others.
Spruik is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair and inclusive workplace where employees are supported to perform their duties effectively.
The gross monthly salary range for this role is between Rwf 650,000 and Rwf 750,000 - negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Additionally, Spruik provides a range of benefits that promote work-life balance such as a co-pay health insurance scheme, a generous leave policy, quarterly wellness days and team building events, end of year breaks, as well as flexible work hours.
Applications close on 23 February 2024 at 11:59 pm CAT, and the right candidate should ideally be ready to start work by Monday, 1 April 2024. Interested candidates should fill an online application form found here.