PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Gym instructor is specialized to know-how, conducting Gym weights exercises and Aerobics session, working at fitness in the center. With the Hotel, his major job duty is to take care of Hotel member's concerns related to physical fitness. The Gym Instructor is responsible for planning, organization, and implementation of all assigned Fitness programs.
Gym instructor typically,
- Instructs individuals or groups about various exercise techniques
- Informs the members about working on various exercise tools and machines
- Provide basic information regarding nutritious diets and fitness diets
- Clarify their doubts regarding methods applied for fitness
TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the outcome of his client at the end of the whole training, and provide correct data for the discipline and food intakes of a client.
- In charge of a client’s improvement shape to be physically fit by providing an exercise plan that includes the types of exercises and schedule to clients.
- Assists the clients to ensure the gym equipment’s safety.
- Lead group exercises, assuring that everyone in the group is fit for the group exercise.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the gym and the equipment and make sure that equipment is safe to use.
- Assists the clients in case of curing methods of the different physical abnormalities (pains, cramps, etc.) arising while exercising.
- Fill out and turn in accident reports the day/night they occur. Report any major/minor accidents to the Leisure Manager immediately.
- Watch clients do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness.
- Inspires clientele to meet their fitness goals
- Recognizes a safe environment and the safe execution of activities being performed is the priority for all members and guests.
LIASION BETWEEN GUESTS AND MANAGEMENT
- Handles promptly and courteously problems regarding customer gym and rates, and notifies appropriate Department Head when needed
- Handles promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or enquires; takes necessary action, and thorough follow-up.
FLUENT IN LEISURE TECHNOLOGY
- Is fully conversant with the sports service reservation system
- Is able to basic operation and maintain Gym equipment, and is able to make basic updates and changes when needed
SECURITY, HEALTH, AND SAFETY
- Liases with Security and the Executive Housekeeper regarding lost and found objects
- Liases with Security in an investigation of thefts, and irregularities
- Informs the Leisure Manager of doubtful guest subscriptions.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and removed immediately
- Fully understand the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Ensures that emergency procedures are enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees within own department work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and takes action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language, and conduct is maintained by all employees in the department
- Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
- Assists the Leisure Manager in developing the departmental business plan
- Attends meetings and training required by the Leisure Manager
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to leisure guests
- Maintains own working area, and materials clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to appropriate person within the hotel
- Continuously seeks to endeavour and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
- Is well updated on:
- Hotel fire, bomb, and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals,
stations, tourist sights)
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own department and to the hotel
- Short and long term hotel as well as corporate marketing and promotional
- Corporate clients and clients generating high business volume