"Hatchery/Poultry Farm Worker"
easyHATCH Ltd is offering a prime role for energetic, dynamic person to join our team. The successful candidate will need to approach their job with zeal, integrity, and utmost honesty.
You will be required to tend to chicks, egg incubation processes, cleaning, and general upkeep of the hatchery/farm. Prior knowledge of poultry management will be advantageous. You will attend to any duties as directed by the Supervisor.
easyHATCH will provide you with all the necessary basic training specific to our hatchery/farm operations as it pertains to our protocols and standards.
This is a hands-on job and you must be comfortable with handling animals, animal waste, and performing egg breakout analysis. This is a non-negotiable job requirement. You must be physically fit and strong.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Someone who is passionate, self-motivated, and incentivized by the opportunity of being the master of their own destiny with the ability to produce meaningful results. We are looking for candidates that are able to deliver a consistent output that requires more management support and guidance than micromanagement in order to meet their key performance indicators. You must be well groomed, well mannered, and speak clearly and professionally. Reliability, honesty, and ethical values are absolutely necessary and non-negotiable.
You must be self-driven, highly motivated, and display a high level of confidence.
- Must have the following people skills:
- Strong Customer Relationships
- Service driven
- Team player
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
Pre-requisites Skills & Qualifications
- Must have good communication skills (Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, English, French).
- A diploma/degree in Agriculture (Animal Production) is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, under time constrains, and to a very high standard of accuracy.
- High sense of organization and structure.
- Efficient on time management.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Collecting, incubating, and packaging eggs
- Performing egg break-out analysis
- Monitoring incubation machines
- Performing vaccinations of day old chicks
- Handling, loading, unloading, and transporting chickens
- Feeding and monitoring the health and welfare of chickens
- Carrying out feeding and breeding programs
- Cleaning out the hatchery and general maintenance
- Sexing chicks, separating the males form the females
- Operating hatchery/farm machinery and vehicles
- Carrying out routine maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Carries out any task as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
Specific Technical, Personality, or Job Skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Be physically fit
- Be a team player
- Work well with your hands
- Be comfortable handling animals
- Be attentive to detail
- Be self-driven & take initiative
- Be good with numbers
- Be comfortable operating machinery and equipment
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Must demonstrate commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Very meticulous and rigorous
Apply online: https://forms.gle/PM2qUiW1zFJotoid9
The deadline:23rd January 2022.