AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Head of Human Resources (HR).
The Head of HR is responsible for the strategic alignment and efficient operation of the Banks’ human resources department. The departments’ primary function is to provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, learning and development, budget, and labour relations; s/he will achieve this by providing an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, equality, productivity, standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Head of HR reports directly to the CEO and provides guidance to senior management in regards to human resource issues.
- Develops the Banks’ HR strategy;
- Manages human resources operations, including Establishing department accountabilities, department functions and job profiles, Recruitment, talent acquisition, and employee on-boarding, Manpower planning, Discipline Management, Employee contracts, compensation, health and welfare benefits, Learning and development, among others;
- Supports the management in the revision of the Banks’ salary structure and monitors bonus and other payments for their effectiveness
- Ensures that the bank complies with HR-related legal requirements
- Creates trust and positive relations with employees (towards HR and the Bank); creates an excellent working atmosphere and healthy corporate culture; Establishes and supports the Banks’ image as an attractive employer on the market;
- Obtains, develops and maintains a staff capable of accomplishing the HR function’s goals, support the achievement of the Bank’s strategic objectives and continuously develops own knowledge
- Ensures employee services are in place;
- Upholds the AccessHolding Group HR standards, and implements tasks that are meant to promote and maintain these standards;
- Fulfills all other tasks assigned by the CEO and the Board
Necessary experience and knowledge
- Relevant undergraduate degree in HR management or business or other bank-related courses
- Graduate degree an advantage of 7 years of relevant HR work experiences, of which 2 years were in a similar position (managerial position)
- Demonstrated ability to revise/establish efficient HR policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of labour laws and other relevant regulations
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
- Command of MS Office software – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 22nd February 2019