Advert- Head of MEAL
About the Role
The Head of MEAL will be responsible for quality and accountability standards and their integration into a robust MEAL system throughout the Save the Children Rwanda Programme, including managing the relationship with Partner Research/Evaluation Institutions. Key areas of accountability: a) the development of effective and efficient Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems for programmes/projects (design of MEAL plans/tools etc.); b) the management of MEAL systems; c) the compilation and analysis of program data and learning and subsequent reporting at the country level; d) the provision of technical assistance designing and implementing studies, research, surveys and evaluations. The main purpose of this role is to bring together programme learning, innovations, research-based evidence and information for achieving breakthrough solutions in bringing immediate and lasting changes in the lives of children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Master’s degree in statistics, economics, research, education or relevant social sciences
- Recommended minimum of six years of experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Accountability and Learning including a senior management position in an NGO setting, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Significant senior M&E experience with a minimum of 4-years post-Master’s graduation working in planning, monitoring, research, and evaluation in an NGO setting or other think-tank institutions
- Proven experience of undertaking evaluations/research or leading evaluation/research teams, with outstanding skills in qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis using relevant software such as STATA or SPSS and ATLAS.ti (to be assessed)
- Proven experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis and ability to review technical reports using relevant software such as STATA or SPSS (to be assessed)
- Technical expertise in various data analysis software and proven experience using mobile technology for data collection with experience of electronic data collection using Tablets or other devices (to be assessed)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Deadline for receiving applications is 5th August 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*