VACANCY – HEAD NURSE
ARC works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ARC has consistently operated in Rwanda since 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff and incentive workers, and hundreds of community volunteers – implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence / Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to deepen our work and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ARC is looking for qualified, self-driven and committed individuals to join our team in the stated position – based at and to serve full time in the Nyabiheke– Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The head nurse is responsible for the direction, organization and strategic planning of the nursing unit at the health center. This executive is involved in assessing, evaluating and setting nursing care standards and objectives for the organization. In addition, the head nurse provides leadership and supervision to nurses, lab technicians, nurse pharmacists, mental health nurse, physiotherapist, midwives, and other casual laborers
- Organize and make follow up of daily activities at the Health Center (HC);
- Supervise all medical staff (including refugee nurses) and ensure the quality of health care services provided by nurses;
- Supervise casual laborers to ensure cleanness and security of the health center is insured
- Organize and follow-up all sensitization sessions at HC in collaboration with Health Education Coordinator;
- Follow up daily attendance and punctuality of medical staff of Health Center;
- Organize and keep a close eye on all administrative issues including the leave and recuperation;
- Deal with the certification of leaves and recuperation after consultation with Admin & Finance Assistant;
- Ensure that all administrative documents are filled adequately;
- In collaboration with service/department leaders, establish the monthly timetable for nurses and enforce its implementation. The final version should be shared with Site Manager prior to its implementation
- Ensure the referral database is timely filed and shared with the supervisor.
- Consolidate and timely submit reports as per the request of the supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS, BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCE
- A0 in the Nursing field required
- 3-5years’ experience in nursing in a clinical setting in a low-resource, fast-pasted setting, working with vulnerable/displaced
- Analytical and organizational skills/experience with health
- Oral/writing skills in Kinyarwanda, English, and French
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages), and three names (plus titles & contacts) of relevant professional referees - to the following email address only – with the position applied for CLEARLY indicated: RWJobs@arcrelief.org
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is October 16th, 2019 at 12:00hrs. However due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and a decision will be taken before the indicated deadline once suitable candidates are available. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.