Head of Operations - Jumia Food (Full Time)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home/office.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Managing Jumia Food delivery, so that riders are optimally located, deliver on time, and are well presented
- Creating an adequate team structure and managing various operational teams
- Managing the team’s efficiency and cohesion
- Managing a customer service team in processing orders and guaranteeing quick follow up of any issues and complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train workforce
- Creating an unparalleled environment for your team’s development and happiness
- Building structures and processes around all aspects of customer experience to increase efficiency.
- Revamping processes: Challenging established processes and implementing new processes to adapt to the fast growth of Jumia Food.
- Ensuring the quality of the measurement of selected KPIs hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
- Making sure that the operational key performance indicators are being exceeded - process time, fail rate, delivery time and net promoter scores
- Managing day to day operations and quality assurance KPIs
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Ensuring constant evaluation and update of technologies and processes to ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Working closely with the Jumia central team to share and implement global best practices and achieve business objectives.
- Managing Fleet and Logistics team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in managing operational teams or large projects
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Strong leadership
- Strong drive
- Impeccable communication skills
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Ability to negotiate in flawless English and excellent Excel and a passion for data needed
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Min 3 years of experience in Operations Business Administration
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.