Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali - Rwanda
External recruitment Advert
Job Vacancy: Head Transaction Service Group
Opening date: 16 November 2020
Closing date: 30 November 2020
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Head Transaction Service Group
Reporting to: Managing Director
- JOB PURPOSE:
- To work with the Corporate Banking (CB) and Commercial Banking (CMB) Sales teams to identify and deliver Transaction Services Group (TSG) solutions, such as Cash Management, Trade Services and Electronic Banking to the Bank’s clients
- To develop and manage Trade Products Programs to drive trade services utilization, revenue growth and to ensure that clients are serviced in an effective and efficient manner
- To design and manage Cash Management programs to drive liability growth
- To drive client onboarding onto the Banks Digital channels in order to strengthen the stickiness with clients.
SALES AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- To deliver Transaction Services Group (TSG) products to customers in the most efficient and cost-effective way using appropriate technology, whilst closing product utilization gap versus competitors.
- Lead Cash Management Product and Sales Focus on Payments & Collections to expand the cash management customer base within Rwanda to grow market share of cash management, generating a significantly enhanced base of low-cost liabilities for the affiliate.
- Develop and execute an innovative product origination, implementation, and delivery plan that positions Ecobank’s payment & collection products in a leading stance in the marketplace.
- Identify customer needs based on customer interaction and interface with Account Managers.
- Develop innovative Trade Products to ensure a leading trade proposition for clients.
- Lead gap analysis and ensure a high cross-sell of Corporate Banking and Commercial Banking products.
- To develop close and effective contacts with key clients.
- Lead TSG team in the implementation of the above-listed responsibilities
- Develop a Cash Management, Product Implementation & Sales plan in line with Corporate Banking and Commercial Banking objectives.
- Identify and evaluate potential revenue opportunities in existing and new markets (Public corporate sector collections and payments, specialized corporate collections and payments, mass utility and insurance collections, oil industry collections...); and work at actualizing the opportunities
- Develop and continually expand the target market of Cash Management products, working actively with Cash Management & Sales team, Account Managers, IT & Operations, Corporate Banking, and Commercial Banking staff.
- Ensure efficient and accurate product management financials, volume, trend, and variance analysis, while also coming up with strategies to bridge any gaps
- Actively update and monitor the deal pipeline for conversion and closure thus generate portfolio growth.
- Work with Head, Corporate Banking, Head Commercial Banking, and the Country Treasurer to ensure adequate pricing of Cash Management products on a revenue/expense basis and work with Ops and IT to ensure full collection of fees and commissions.
Trade Products Management
- Actively support the Trade Product implementation and revenue maximization within Rwanda and the Cluster, especially significant growth across key categories of Import LCs, and collections.
- Develop Trade Products and Sales plan in line with the Corporate Banking and Commercial Banking objectives, focusing on the Cluster’s large export and import trade flows.
- Develop and continually expand the target market of trade, working actively with the Trade Products team, Account Managers, and Treasury on FX flows.
- Work with the Head Corporate Bank, Head Commercial Bank, Trade Products to ensure adequate pricing of Trade products on a revenue/expense basis and work with Operations and Technology to ensure full collection of fees and commissions.
- To assist in formulating a Transactional Banking strategy
- To assist in setting and implementing budgets to meet financial and other objectives
- To assist in creating harmonious and effective staff by recruitment, motivation, and training
- To assist in deciding and implementing policies for target customers, products, and pricing
- To participate actively in changing the focus of business, staff, delivery channels in line with the strategy
- Ensure Ecobank’s Electronic Banking channels meet customer needs within the cluster
- Work with the Electronic Banking Manager to ensure Ecobank’s channels are positioned as a leader in the market and grow acquisitions aggressively for all information and transaction initiation modules.
- To ensure speedy implementation and maintenance of systems.
- Drive migration of clients onto the electronic channel
- The role involves joint calls with the Corporate Banking and Commercial Banking sales team across Rwanda, and good knowledge of key players in Corporate banking and Commercial Banking sectors; frequent interaction with Senior and Executive staff of Global/Regional Companies; High Local Corporates, customer & results-focused; highly self-motivated with a professional can-do approach. Bilingual speaking (English/ French) is essential.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5-7 years Sales & Products experience with a good sales track record;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Knowledge of banking products and operations, deposits and other liability instruments, trade finance products.
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable;
- Results-driven team player;
- Inclusive, flexible, internationally savvy, and sensitive to client culture.
- Understanding of country fund flows and regulatory requirements
Minimum Bachelor’s degree is required majoring in information management, computers sciences, project management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to formulating unique solutions based on knowledge and customer challenges.
- Initiative and innovative thinking
- Strong Customer Focus and continuous interface
- Planning and problem-solving in the short to medium term
- Strong communication skills.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunity company and females candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the " Apply for this job" button below not later than 30 November 2020
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to the expected high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
ECOBANK RWANDA MANAGEMENT