POSITION TITLE: Health Program Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of Programs & Partnership Development
OFFICE LOCATION: Headquarter
Headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, Remera Sector, Association des Veuves du Genocide “AVEGA AGAHOZO” is seeking to recruit competent staff for the Health Program Manager position:
- The Health Program Manager will be responsible for all SRHR, HIV/AIDS, and GBV program operations and other health projects including: project planning, coordination, and support fundraising. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the health program, ensuring compliance with the donor, organization, and government regulations and policies. Specific roles and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Developing project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall health program plan and master budget.
- Participating in the development of curriculum for training materials and components, and facilitate training and workshop seminars as needed.
- Coordinate & implement project activities in collaboration with partners, beneficiaries, and community leaders.
- Provide technical oversight, accountability and ensure timely implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all relevant health activities at the field level.
- Participate in proposal writing, including budget development, fundraising for health, including contributing to the development of high-quality concept notes.
- Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities
- Collect and analyze relevant health statistics including psychosocial data especially on SRHR, HIV/AIDS, and GBV;
- Prepare data and periodic reports for donors, head office, and partners.
- Participate in training of health actors at district and community level from health facilities and YEGO Center in SRHR, HIV/AIDS and GBV related implementation areas, and any other relevant health programming areas.
- Ensure that quality services are in place at the field level through collaboration with, health facilities staff, RBC staff, local NGO partners, and District authorities.
- Collaborate with the head of programs and partnership development, Finance department and support Services to ensure that project supplies are available in a timely manner and resources are available to support workshops, events, and research conducted by outside consultants.
- To ensure that all community based activities are implemented based on the program documents.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for health staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Health Professional with a Bachelor’s Degree qualification in public health or other related fields or equivalent experience. Having a post-graduate degree is added value
- Demonstrable previous experience in project design, implementation, and management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building of staff
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports in English
- Excellent communication skills especially with local authorities
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to AVEGA Head office not later than 20/01/ 2022 at 4:00 PM
- Letter of Application addressed to the Legal Representative of AVEGA AGAHOZO;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of Identity Card and Degree
Due to the anticipated high interest in this position, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
Done at Kigali 24/12/2021.
The Management of AVEGA Agahozo