P.O BOX 7578
Kigali – Rwanda
Web site: www.aidshealth.org
Job Profile for Nurse Mentors (3)
POSITION TITLE: HIV/AIDS Nurse Mentor
LOCATION: Various locations- Kigali, Nyanza, and Rwamagana
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager- AHF Rwanda
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 March 2019
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an International Non -Governmental Organization that was founded in 1987 and has been at the fore front of the response to the HIV epidemic. AHF is currently supporting HIV/AIDS programs in 43 countries including Rwanda.
AHF’s mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay.
Core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
AHF Rwanda is looking for very competent candidates to fill up the following position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The HIV/AIDS Nurse mentor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of clinical activities at AHF-Rwanda supported health facilities. He/she will support the improvement of quality care and treatment for people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the supported sites.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforce pediatric, adolescents and adult HIV testing services and to strengthen implementation of provider-initiated testing, Index testing, and partner notification
- Strengthen linkage into HIV care systems at supported health facilities.
- Improve pediatric HIV care and treatment including identification and follow up of exposed infants, growth monitoring, infant feeding and counseling, immunization, reinforce pediatric diagnostic disclosure and psychosocial support sessions in sites.
- Assist site staff to clarify patient flow and referral systems intra and extra site.
- Support sites to put in place a clear system for HIV Viral Load, CD4 and other laboratory examinations.
- Improve adult & adolescent integrated HIV care and treatment including strengthening DSDM, proper management of STIs and OI, cervical cancer screening, family planning, Tuberculosis
- Support sites to put in place a system of strengthening adherence, retention, and identification of missed appointments and lost to follow up clients.
- Logistical support for ART & OI drugs, reagents, test kits, equipment, and other medical supplies:
- Support site staff to identify equipment and infrastructure needs, support the follow-up and advocacy for these needs to be provided.
- Support M&E functions at the sites including appropriate usage of tools, ensure timely reporting, conduct quality benchmarks, and data assessments,
- Strengthen the capacity of staff through trainings, mentorship, and other activities in collaboration with RBC/ AHF
- Participate in RBC/MOH activities to revise national HIV care and treatment protocols and development of different tools.
- Any other duties
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent medical degree (Registered Nurse) and/or more than 3 years of relevant experience in managing clinical or public health programs.
- Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients/clients, regulatory agencies, or other stakeholders. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Proven skills in management, supervision, leadership, and networking, with at least 3 years experience.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and health-related issues.
- Ability to travel more than 80% of the time to the sites.
- Strong leadership and management skills including strategy formation, process improvement, and team building. Ability to motivate staff and lead a high performing team.
- Proficient Project management Skills
- Strong capacity building skills using different methodologies
- Strong diplomacy skills with proven ability to work across multiple partners including districts and technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring multiple staff and site members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective presentation and facilitation skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Commitment to personally champion AHF’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
How to apply
Submission of applications – to include 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, copies of qualification certificates - should be submitted via email to email@example.com with the country RWANDA and position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 31 March 2019 at 23:45hrs.